WWDDGD 2009 in the UK--list of sites

CharlesRyan

Adventurer
Worldwide Dungeons & Dragons Game Day
Monster Manual 2: 23 May 2009

Hi, all--

As you probably know by now, in 2009, Worldwide D&D Game Day is being celebrated on three dates, corresponding to the release of the three “2s”—Player’s Handbook 2; Monster Manual 2; and Dungeon Master’s Guide 2. As with past WWDDGDs, each date will be a celebration of the world's most popular RPG, complete with great activities and free stuff.

The May event celebrates the release of the Monster Manual 2, packed with new creatures and foes for your D&D game.

The event previews new monsters while pitting players against wicked fiends and dark plots. For players new to the game as well as 4th Edition veterans, this event has everything needed to embark on an all-new adventure:

Journey Through the Silver Caves – An ancient book of prophesy has been stolen, and the thief has dark plans. An adventure for 5 pregenerated 5th-level characters.

Here's the list of participating sites--as usual, there may be some tweaks in the final weeks, but this should be pretty close to final:

Aldershot: The Games Shop
Ashbourne: Dovedale Gallery
Bangor: Acme Games
Bangor: Replay Games
Birmingham: Waylands Forge
Bristol: Area 51 Comics & Cards
Burton-on-Trent: Spirit Games
Cambridge: Inner Sanctum Collectibles Ltd
Canterbury: Westgate Games
Cardiff: Cardiff Games
Chesham: Axion Comics
Daventry: Games Vault
Douglas: Island Books
Dundee: Highlander Games
Edinburgh: Black Lion Games
Exeter: Clifton Road Games
Glasgow: Static
Harlow: Marquee Models
Huddersfield: Patriot Games Limited
Hull: Archeron
Ipswich: Runik Games
Kirkcaldy: Kingdom of Adventure
Lancaster: Lancaster RPG Centre
Leeds: Travelling Man
Loughborough: House of Heroes
Maidstone: Grinning Demon
Manchester: Fan Boy Three
Middlesbrough: Forbidden Planet
Newcastle: Travelling Man
Norwich: Games Room
Nottingham: Forbidden Planet
Oxford: Gameskeeper
Peterborough: The Rift
Plymouth: Antics/The Model Shop
Plymouth: G I Games
Reading: Eclectic Games (headquarters site)
Redhill: The Gamers Guild Ltd
Ripley: Chimera Leisure
Saffron Walden: Game On
Sheffield: Land of Games
Sheffield: Patriot Games Limited
Shipton Bellinger: Sceaptune Games
Stafford: Too Fat Goblinz
Stevenage: Mirth, Myth, & Magic
Taunton: Krackers Taunton
Waterlooville: Pauls Hobby Shop
Yeovil: Witch Engine
Yeovil: World of Fantasy
York: Travelling Man

For those keeping track, this is a 25% increase in the number of participating sites, and we're looking forward to great events at all of them. Hope you'll join us!

Last edited:

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
Thanks for that, Charles! Big help.

I note that again, there is nothing actually in Central London, or even in Greater London. Just goes to show that not all UK gaming happens in London at all, in fact not much happens!

I'll probably end up going to the Redhill Gamers Guild as I have done before, they were a really nice group of people.

CharlesRyan

Adventurer
Hi, Matt--

Yes, unfortunately there are no shops in London that have the space to run an event. It's ironic, but it's a common problem in many major cities.

As I mentioned over on UK Roleplayers, any gamers or clubs that would like to run an event and have a venue could partner with one of the London shops to make their event "official" and get an event kit with all the physical components. The event must be associated with (and promoted by) a shop, and it must be open to the public.

Alternatively, anyone can download the adventure, maps, and characters and run their own event.

And, finally, Reading is only half an hour from Paddington Station, and we're holding the UK headquarters event (complete with WotC Lead Developer for D&D Stephen Schubert) at Eclectic Games in Reading. Eclectic is literally across the street from the Reading station, so no trouble getting there once you're off the train.

Hope that helps!

Hey there! :)

Cool to see Replay in Bangor joining in the fun. Technically my local gamestore, albeit a 45 minute drive from where I live.

...which wouldn't be that much of a problem if I had a car. ;)

Remove ads