WWDDGD in the UK--Meet WotC's Stephen Schubert at Eclectic Games

CharlesRyan

Adventurer
Hello, all--

WotC and Eclectic Games in Reading are pleased to announce that Eclectic will be the UK headquarters site for the 23 May WWDDGD event. Joining us at Eclectic, straight from WotC in Seattle, is Lead Developer for D&D Stephen Schubert.

Steve will be on hand to answer questions, sign books, run a few delve encounters, lead seminars, and generally hang out.

Steve has been with WotC R&D since 2004, during which time he's worked extensively on D&D minis and on numerous 3rd edition products. He was a major contributor to the design and development of 4th Edition, and served as lead developer for the Monster Manual 2. He was recently named Lead Developer for D&D, a position he took over from Mike Mearls. Steve (who goes by the handle WotC_Shoe on the WotC message boards) is one of the top few most influential people shaping the direction of D&D today. He's also friendly, has a great sense of humour, and is a real pleasure to meet.

In addition to the Journey through the Silver Caves adventure, at the Eclectic headquarters event we'll also have seminars, side games, a delve, refreshments, great prizes, and more. It's going to be a day full of D&D goodness; if you're in the Reading area (or anywhere else, if you'd like to make the trip!*) we hope you'll join us!

We'll post more details here as they become available, or you can check out Eclectic Games or the Eclectic Games Facebook page Eclectic Games | Facebook.

(*Eclectic is directly across the street from the Reading train station, so it's easy to get to!)

Hope to see you there!

CharlesRyan

Adventurer
Hi, all--

I just came back from a meeting with Eclectic, and holy mackerel what an event they're putting together!

Doors open at 10AM and the event runs until 6. There will be several tables running the Silver Caves adventure, along with a drop-in Delve running the entire time and side games of Three-Dragon Ante, other adventures, or whatever people want to play.

In celebration of the release of Monster Manual 2, WotC's Stephen Shubert will run a monster design seminar that will culminate in the design of a new D&D monster. If we can get the logistics right, that monster will then feature in the delve! (This will also tie into an event Eclectic will be running over the month after WWDDGD.)

Also, if everything works out Steve is going to show off some interesting new tidbits from upcoming products. I don't even know exactly what these are, but I'm betting it's something that hasn't been seen anywhere else and won't be for a while.

Steve will also run a couple sessions of the delve, and will be around for signings and general hanging about all day. If you've ever wanted to hang around with one of the most influential game designers working today (and an all-around great guy), this is your chance!

We'd like the event to be very newbie-friendly, so we'll supply every new player who walks through the door with their very own set of dice. If you (an existing player) bring a new player along, we'll enter you into a drawing with some terrific and valuable prizes. (An aside: I'd be surprised if the numbers of people in this drawing are high, so the odds of walking away with a prize are darn good!)

Speaking of prizes, there will be door prizes and player prizes and other great giveaways as well.

Refreshments will be provided throughout the day, and lunch is on the house too!

This should be one of the coolest D&D events ever in the UK, so we hope you can make it!

vagabundo

Adventurer
Damn, sounds fun. Hope you have a good attendance.

I often think, if I won the lotto, I'd probably wander the world going to DND events like this... :D

CharlesRyan

Adventurer
Hi, all--

To my profound regret, I wasn't able to be at the Eclectic WWDDGD event. I've heard it went really well, though, and it sounds like the attendees and the good folk at Eclectic all had a good time.

Since I wasn't there, if you attended the event, I'd like to hear any comments you'd be willing to share.

Remove ads