ZEITGEIST X-Men in Zeitgeist

mdusty

Explorer
This is now one of my favorite zeitgeist threads. And there are a lot of good ones out there. I've DM'd for a few years now, Zeitgeist for a year or so now, and I was amazed at how well my players took to the NPCs when I connected said NPCs with famous real world people. Like they actually ROLE PLAYED with these 'famous' NPCs. Made it MUCH easier to roleplay each NPC too! I can only do so many NPC quirks and voices before they all sound and act like some other NPC I've done before. I've begun incorporating this technique for another campaign I'm doing with another group with same exact results.

gideonpepys

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Who is Gale? One of my players was running her as an ally last session, and asked before we started, "which actress or famous person would you see in the role?" - as a quick cue to how to roleplay her. If he had asked that of most of the other NPCs in the AP I'd have had a ready answer! But with Gale I drew a blank.

Katrina Kaif, a random British actress in Indian films whom I'd recently seen in something.

katrinakaif010618_20.jpg

gideonpepys

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Oh, okay. I don’t feel so bad about not guessing that one. I went with Jennifer Connolly, ‘but Asian’.

Siberys

Adventurer
A handy table of these would be great if it wouldn’t be too much trouble. I’m going to be commissioning portraits for my game’s PCs soon and I want the players to “cast” their characters, and a list I can check against to avoid repeats would be helpful.

Shimrath

Explorer
I’m going to be commissioning portraits for my game’s PCs soon and I want the players to “cast” their characters, and a list I can check against to avoid repeats would be helpful.

I highly recommend having Claudio Pozas do custom character portraits! When we did ours, the players "cast" their characters exactly as you described. The results are great:

Attachments

• Constables, Small.jpg
    Constables, Small.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 478

Remove ads