• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

X5: To the Temple of Death - IC

Rhun

First Post
Aram shrugs. "Just a thought. I figured if we could sway them, then perhaps we could enlist their aid, or at least garner more information. But either way."

renau1g

First Post
"Yes, they were certainly not very trusting of us, but I guess in the Master's lands it can be dangerous to trust strangers" Father Fuller says wisely, then shrugs. "Maybe if we defeat this snake-creature we'll earn their trust."

kinem

Adventurer
ooc: I take it that the party will rest for the day and night where you are in the valley, prepare new spells, and then continue on to the far end of the valley. What spell preparations will you make?

[sblock=WD]Gaze attacks would not generally function through a scrying spell.[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Sustained by his enchanted ring, and not having spells to prepare, Aram offers to stand watch for the majority of the night. The dervish can get his sleep in the morning, while the others are preparing their spells and prayers.

Walking Dad

First Post
Girgal, AC 23 (T15, FF20), HP 63/66, F +11,R+8,W+14
Ripclaw HP 48/57

"I could try to pray for a spell that will me give the ability to use the water is this stream like a window, showing us this medusa." Girgal suggests.

[sblock=ooc]
ooc: Scry spell.

----

Ripclaw: Hide+15, Move Silently+10

Will use the Summon feat for flavor in out-of-combat situation, alternating between different elements.

Spot +17, Listen +18

Spells:
0 (6) - cure minor wounds x2, light x2, detect magic x2
1 (4) – (jump), produce flame x2 - obscuring mist
2 (4) - (spiderclimb), barkskin x2, animalistic power, blinding spittle – snake swiftness, mass
3 (3) – (protection from energy), stone shape, spirit jaws, – greater magic fang
4 (2) – (freedom of movement) enhance wildshape – SNA 4
5 (2) - (tree stride), SNA 5 - animal growth

Ripclaw has:
HP 57
AC: (with barkskin) 30 (T15, FF25)
Full Attack: 2 Claws +7 melee (1d6+4 plus poison) and bite +2 melee (1d6+2) and tail + 2 melee (1d6+2 plus poison)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Leaping pounce, poison (DC 14 1d6 Dex/1d6 Dex), rake 1d6+3
Hide+15, Move Silently+10
[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
"By all means, Girgal," says Aram. "Anything that might give us an advantage. The thought of spending eternity as a statue does not sit well with me."

renau1g

First Post
Father Fuller nods to the druid, while he stretches and prepares for bed.

"As long as the snake lady can't turn you to stone for looking at her through the water, that's fine" the abbot says with a yawn.

kinem

Adventurer
The day is uneventful. Girgal uses the time as productively as he can, gathering food and studying the wildlife. For the others, it is hard not to grow impatient, especially since you know that your mission can ill afford any more delay.

Finally evening approaches, and darkness comes quickly as the sun goes behind the mountains.

The night is quiet here, and there is some moonlight. During Aram's long watch, he sees a huge figure to the east, coming from the offshoot of the valley.

He wakes the others and you prepare for battle, but the giant keeps its distance. After a while, it goes back to the side of the valley where it came from. There is no sign of it by morning, except that Girgal finds some tracks.

ooc: What spells do Girgal and Fuller prepare?

Rhun

First Post
"I'm glad that giant kept his distance," says Aram the next morning as he prepares to move out. "We have enough foes ahead of us as it is."

Walking Dad

First Post
Girgal, AC 23 (T15, FF20), HP 66/66, F +11,R+8,W+14
Ripclaw HP 57/57

[sblock=ooc]
ooc: HPs include resting and the use of Healing Belt/ CminorW

Spell list see downward

----

Ripclaw: Hide+15, Move Silently+10

Will use the Summon feat for flavor in out-of-combat situation, alternating between different elements.

Spot +17, Listen +18

Spells:
0 (6) - cure minor wounds x2, light x2, detect magic x2
1 (4) – (jump), produce flame x2, faery fire, cure light wounds - obscuring mist
2 (4) - (spiderclimb), barkskin x2, animalistic power, blinding spittle – snake swiftness, mass
3 (3) – (protection from energy), spirit jaws, blindsight x2 – greater magic fang
4 (2) – (freedom of movement), blast of sand, Scrying – SNA 4
5 (2) - (SNA 5), baleful polymorph - animal growth

Ripclaw has:
HP 57
AC: (with barkskin) 30 (T15, FF25)
Full Attack: 2 Claws +7 melee (1d6+4 plus poison) and bite +2 melee (1d6+2) and tail + 2 melee (1d6+2 plus poison)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Leaping pounce, poison (DC 14 1d6 Dex/1d6 Dex), rake 1d6+3
Hide+15, Move Silently+10
[/sblock]

Remove ads