D&D 5E X6: Quagmire! Searching for 5E Conversion

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
I'm about to convert this classic module to 5th Edition rules for a Christmas Week gaming session (per the WotC guidelines for a "Careful Conversion.") Before I dive in, I thought I'd check here to see if anyone has done it before...I'd like to maybe save myself a few hours of work.

Have you converted this module to the 5th Edition Rules? And if so, do you mind sharing your notes? (Or better yet, a link to your product page? I have coin, if Kajiit has wares.)

1671660108586.png

Last edited:

The Glen

Legend
There's not a lot to convert. It mostly just encounter charts with very few scripted events, one of the flaws of the module. That and the fact the sea route is the obvious better choice unless the DM goes out of the way to sink the ship so you can have an adventure.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
That's kind of what I expected...I knew it was a longshot since it's not one of the more popular adventure modules, but I still wanted to check to make sure it hadn't already been done.

So I guess I'm the first! Here's my 5E Conversion notes for X6: "Quagmire!" for anyone who might need them.

Attachments

• 5E Conversion - X6 Quagmire!.pdf
    7.3 MB · Views: 92
Last edited:

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Does your conversion include converting the front cover blurb to something more grammatical?

Nah. I'm not trying to fix every problem this module has; I'm just running it this weekend for some friends so I cobbled together some conversion notes. I think I only pointed out one spelling error (treasure "horde", on page 19), and didn't even offer a correction for it.

It's such a weird little adventure. "Okay, here's the same map but a different encounter key for it. And a room full of giant goldfish that you can...herd, like cattle...if you want. No pressure, you can just kill them if you're bored or hungry. Oh! Before I forget! I heard you like genies, so I've got a couple of those in there for you to find. No reason. Anyway, good luck out there, and don't drown! I put a doppelganger on your boat okay byeeeee!!!"

I love it so much.

Last edited:

Remove ads