• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [Xanathar's Guide] What is your first PC you're gonna make?

ccs

41st lv DM
I don't know.
Right now I'm playing a 1/2 ranger (noble, beast-master) in our fledgling SKT game. Hopefully I'll be playing him for a good long while.... So even though I'll pick XGTE up the day it's released & read it within a few days, it's (hopefully) way too early to worry about.

sudsboy

First Post
Variant Human Hexblade. I want the Resilient (Con) feat for concentration. The damage of the hexblade, at least one handed, seems to depend on maintaining concentration on Elemental Weapon (7 damage avg. per swing).

Ganymede81

First Post
I'm eager to make a Horizon Walker. I had a ranger-cleric back in 3.5 that I could never make work in 5e, and the Horizon Walker is what will let me bring him back into the game.

jgsugden

Legend
It may be a Tabaxi Hexblade. The sinister taint of the Hexblade combined with the personality of a cat.... So many possibilities. However, I have to see if it is possible to build a fun and efficient PC. If you can't get an AC 16+, it is hard to be a melee PC.

I have to see the details on the mechanics next week before I'd know, but that may be the only new subclass that hits my queue of characters waiting to make it to the table. The rest might still rely upon existing materials. I think I might consider a Kensei, a Divine Soul, or an Inquisitive - but only if the mechanics grab me.

Warpiglet

Adventurer
I am not a power gamer and I am not a weakling gamer. I like flavor and at least reasonable efficacy. Take that as you will!

I have primarily played blade pact warlocks, single class (gasp!).

I am most interested in celestial patron warlock and hexblade. Race for the former would be human variant or half elf. For the latter the same possibilities but would also entertain a hill dwarf or duergar! Not optimized? Don't care. I just like the image and I would think if played intelligently, reasonably effective.

I also thought a celestial pact might be cool with a semi-unwilling neutral character pushed into a pact. A hobgoblin or duergar could fit the bill...especially if they are escaping tyranny.

So many fun role playing dice chucking ass beating choices...

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Looking at the list of subclasses again, I might look at taking the shadow magic sorcerer subclasse and fitting it into a wizard subclass. I will have to see what it is like first since I like the idea of shadow magic but might not like the implementation in Xan's guide.

Boop!

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
Well, that book should come out right when my Barbarian is hitting 3rd level. So... likely one of those sub-classes. Probably leaning more towards the Zealot, as it fits my character best thus far.

Pretty excited.

hejtmane

Explorer
Have several concepts but I like to see how if any changes were made but right now the ones I am working on in my mind several are Multiclassed

Barbarian/Fighter Storm Hearld Scrouge Asmair hey stacking aoe damage Radiant and Fire Weapon/Shield not sure what weapon yet leaning towards spear or sword

Kensei/ Fighter Human probaly Versitle 2h sword and darts no magical weapon needed most likely Battle Master but maybe Samurai or Knight have to wait and see

These are the main two and I may also look at Fighter/Hex warlock build not sure

Remove ads