(YB!) Nikosin vs. Ash! (Yellow Sign judging)

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Sorry, had a point of confusion, now resolved.)

The stealthy unicorn bows by the island; grasps the terror of the wind when it skillfully conceals the edge of the ice!​

Ash staggers backwards, quickly staunching her neck as she watches Nikosin warily. She had to admit, he was probably better than her in a straight up fight. But maybe she could outsmart him?

She kneels, as if too tired to continue, and presses a palm to the cracked flagstones underneath her feet. This place seemed kind of 'tomby' to her...maybe there were crypts and things under the floor. All she'd have to do is send intense heat into the bottoms of the stones, weakening them, so that when Nikosin came in for the kill, the rock wouldn't support his weight. Like a man treading on ice that was too thin, he'd find himself tumbling down into the level below, with the added unpleasantness of being surrounded by hot chunks of rock.

Ash looked up wearily at her opponent, and didn't have to feign her weariness. "Come on, Niko...lets finish this."

Phoenix8008

First Post
The sword sings upon the bluff; shields against the assailment of the barrens!​

"Finish...", Nikosin growls, "...YOU!" With that, he lunges forward slashing his hand at her so fast that it sings through the air like the killing stroke of a sword. As the stones beneath him crumble away, he does what little he can to shield himself from the betraying ground beneath him...

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
The manticore kicks atop the vineyard where it unrelentingly blasts the feline; leaps over the beauty of the spring!​

Nikosin charges at Ash once more, running straight at her with no hint of dodging to one side or the other this time. As he reaches her, he leaps up to land his right foot upon her knee and then his left foot upon her shoulder as he tries to kick her in the face with his right foot before planting it between her shoulder blades and jumping away.

Shayuri

First Post
The fang falls with the dungeon; shreds the pain of the canine!

Ashley falls back, ceding ground in an effort to ward off the formidable assault! She grabs at Nikosin's ankles, trying to claw them aside and throw him off as he winds up for his final attack!

Shayuri

First Post
(I believe that was the case, yar...hence me waiting on the judge. :) Something tells me I don't yet quite grasp the aesthetic of this game though...I shall watch a few more fights and see where I went wrong. :))

Phoenix8008

First Post
(I believe that was the case, yar...hence me waiting on the judge. :) Something tells me I don't yet quite grasp the aesthetic of this game though...I shall watch a few more fights and see where I went wrong. :))

I'd say you did fine Shayuri. I just got luckier with the moves the generator gave me. Aesthetic doesn't matter much unless you are doing a style match. In a regular match like we were doing the judge just subjectively decides which generated move he thinks was better. He wouldn't technically have to read the descriptive fluff we put with it to explain our moves. In a style match though, how well the descriptive fluff explains the generated move is the thing being judged.

So I was just luckier to get what the judge thought was better moves from the generator. Watch some more fights first if you'd like, but I think you did just fine myself. :cool:

Remove ads