(YBA) Kalath in Wicht's Lair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wicht

Hero
It is really hard to read the tombstones in the dark so Kalath makes his way up to the tree. There a dozen bodies swing silently from the great limbs. There is a sign of some sort staked into the ground not far from the tree but it can't be read in the dark.

The tree is on the top of the hill and the land slopes down in every direction. About a quarter of a mile to the east, there appears to be a large crypt of some sort with many torches alight on its pillars. There also appears to be another crypt about a quarter of a mile north of the tree.

Tombstones litter the ground in every direction.

graydoom

First Post
Kalath first tires to read the sign, then heads towards the lighted crypt to the east.

"Might as well head towards the light, heh."

Wicht

Hero
When he squint real hard, Kalath can just make out Tree...dead...lucky on the sign but the other words are impossible to make out in the light.

Kalath encounters nothing unusual on his way to the crypt, but as he is about halfway there he notices what appears to be a well, just off to his right, a short distance away. A cobbled path, glistening white in the moonlight leads north from the well.

Strangely there are no paths leading to the large, well lit crypt.

Wicht

Hero
Kalath approaches the crypt and realized he was wrong about its size. Its not just large, is huge. Looking almost like some sort of marble capitol building, there are massive steps leading up to the double doors of the crypt. 13 pillars line the front, each covered with smoking torches. Thirteen statues line the porch of the crypt, statues of wolves curled around and besides the pillars.

At the top of the front arch is engraved WICHT.
And just below that the words, "May he Rest in Peace forever.".

Some distance south of the crypt, Kalath can see movement amongst the tombstones. Around the Crypt itself nothing is currently stirring.

graydoom

First Post
"So... this is his tomb... the tomb of Wicht."
"May he rest in peace... and leave me alone while I loot his tomb... heh heh heh."
"And it looks like I will be the first to reach here... the first to truly enter the tomb itself."

Kalath continues to chuckle as he ascends the stairs, his eyes set on the door into the tomb of death.

If he can, Kalath opens the door... and enters the tomb.

Wicht

Hero
The doors to the massive crypt swing easily open to the touch. The room that the doors open onto is large. OVerhead, gargoyl statues peer down at Kalth and statues of wolves adorn the room everywhere. A pale figure flits here and there among the statues.

To the south a wolf howls.

The pale figure leaves the satues and approaches Kalath. It is a man, or was a man maybe. The form is that of a man dressed in expensive clothes. But the form is also semi-transperent.

"Greetings," says the spectre, "I am Willford, the caretaker and you are a trespasser. The master is expecting no visitors and I would caution you to leave before you get hurt."

graydoom

First Post
"Thank you for the warning, Willford. Sadly, I will not be following your advice. Good day."

Kalath continues onward.

Wicht

Hero
There are two massive doors, the twins of those on the outside of the tomb across on the eastern wall of the room. Kalath strides forward to the doors and the spectre laughs.

"Little man," he says, "You are out of your depth. You think to rob graves but you have yet seen only the prisons of Lord Wicht. Should you proceed you will be very lucky to live. Nevertheless, i will not stop you, I am only the warden, I leave the guarding to others."

graydoom

First Post
"Good. We will see how the guards do."

Kalath opens the doors and continues deeper into the tomb.

ooc: Last post for the night. Sleep needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads