(YBA) Kalath in Wicht's Lair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wicht

Hero
The inner doors swing easily out and Kalath walks through. Kalath sees a great cathedral like room with a high arched ceiling. Massive stairs to either side of Kalath lead up to a balcony that encompasses the eastern, southern and northern walls. The floor is of slick polished marble and the entire room is lit by thousands of candles ensconced on the walls. There are red wall hangings and murals of fire, wolves and skulls.

A massive marble sarcophigus rest on a massive block of granite on the eastern edge of the room. Seated before the coffin is a winged man, holding a large spear and dressed in a white robe. The spear is made of solid steel and is eight feet in length. His wings are like those of a massive bat and his eyes seem to burn with an inner fire. Otherwise he looks like the perfect image of the perfect man

As Kalath enters the room, the winged man rises and his wings flex and a hot breeze flows past Kalath.

Behind Kalath Willford laughs.

"Kill him Dizrinantus" says Willford and the massive doors slam shut.

Last edited:

Wicht

Hero
Dizrinantus, Guardian of Wicht's Tomb

You can't say you weren't warned...

Dizrinantus
CR: 20
Hits: 20
Yen Factor: 6
Possessions: Steel Spear (+3 to spear moves)

Powers:
Perfect Master of the Infernal Hell,
Master of the Steel spear,
Master of the Dark Claw,
Master of the Ancient Cemetery,
Master of the Secret Gate,
Fist of Fury (x4),
Dirty Trick,
Shove,
Chair Shot

Dizzy has the higher CR - thus Kalath posts any moves first.

Wicht

Hero
graydoom said:
ooc: Does running way still work like normal?

Yes :)

the doors open out and you aren't locked in...

Figures you would find the most powerful opponent in the cemetery on your second try :rolleyes:

graydoom

First Post
ooc: I now see where the bit about the first level containing CRs of 1 to 20 comes from :rolleyes: Wonder how long it'll take for someone to get rid of good old Dizrin and open up the next level.

"Well, first to reach the tomb... and first to run away from the tomb! Thanks for the warning, Willford my man, and hope to see you again someday!"

With that, Kalath flicks a couple small balls in the direction of Dizrinantus, and the balls explode, filling the room with smoke! As the smoke billows, the sound of a door opening and the sound of a human running for its life can be heard, getting fainter and fainter....

Dirty Trick!

And so Kalath decides once more that discretion is the better part of valor.

Wicht

Hero
one dm hint - dizzy is not guarding the main entrance to the lair, nor is the main entrance to the lair found in the cemetery. Read what the ancient masters said again. Figure I oughta mention this or everybody will try and beat up dizzy to get in and then be in for a very nasty surprise

As Kalath runs from the tomb, Willford laughs hysterically. Fortunately the winged man does not give pursuit, but something else does. As soon as Kalath is out the door, three canine shapes lope out of the dark night and give chase to Kalath.

Ahead Kalath sees the well he had noticed earlier, behind are three wolves. Stand and fight or keep running?

graydoom

First Post
ooc: Ah, I see. Main entrance on the other side of the cemetary, eh... and hidden entrances in the tombs. Heh. I still wonder how long it'll take someone to actually get into the second level.

Kalath decides that it's time to give the the non-discretion part of valor another chance, and prepares to fight.

Kalath thinks . o 0 (Hope these are just normal wolves like those other ones... otherwise, the "run away" side of the run away to stand and fight ratio is going to get another boost....)

Wicht

Hero
Round: 1
Hits remaining: 3 / 3 / 3

As Kalath turns to fight, the three wolves rush at him.

Wolf 1: The sword breaks the island; blocks the descent of the moon!

Wolf 2: The sword drops facing the island; waves away the foray of the ember!

Wolf 3: The monkey drowns the steppes; parts the onslaught of the spirit!

graydoom

First Post
ooc: Seems like the generator is stuck on swords and islands :rolleyes: Why can't it get stuck like that for me? :D

Current Hits: 14

Kalath takes up the stance of the vine and attempts to obliterate the second wolf!

Attack at Wolf #2: The vine obliterates the canyon; dodges the terror of the foul!

ooc: Shouldn't that be "fowl"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases