You just gained a hit point! -Creative thinking-

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
Picture it: you're at the gaming table, playing a character. Someone at the table has used a rule that gives your character one additional hit point.

How has your character changed? What's different?

aco175

Legend
Is that temp, perm, or healing? A one-shot heal for 1 point could save me from dying. A temp HP is not much- maybe something at first level, but why not give 5. A permanent HP is cool, but only means that I rolled one more last level. If this can happen 10 times a campaign, then you have something.

MarkB

Legend
At some point during the night, the Inquisitor from Red Dwarf erased my character from history, replacing him with a parallel version who took slightly better care of himself. Nobody remembers this because the timeline has been completely overwritten.
vlcsnap-2016-08-29-00h16m28s464.png

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
With a fresh, new hit point, my character probably fell under the eyes of the Fates (even if their gazes didn't linger), and he's standing up a bit straighter.

His wounds remain. So do the dents in his armor.

Picture it: you're at the gaming table, playing a character. Someone at the table has used a rule that gives your character one additional hit point.
How has your character changed? What's different?

For the games I'm currently playing/running:

D&D (4E and PF2): "Not that anyone will notice, but I'm very slightly better at avoiding serious injury"
Call of Cthulhu: "Hey I have slightly less chance of being taken down by a shotgun at medium range. Up close, still toast"

Games without hit points, but with vaguely similar mechanics:

Fate Core: "I have an extra stress box! I am now a serious bad-ass!"
Savage Worlds: "I'll still be almost completely ineffective when heavily wounded, but at least I'll take longer to die!"

Games that do not use such concepts:

Agon: Heroes do not fiddle with numbers! They dare all and succeed, or fail and the gods weep for them!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases