• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E your 4E game is set...

In the last 24 months, I have DMed or played 4E in (pick ALL that apply)

• Poll closed .

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
The little 4e I've played this far is near-vanilla 4e homebrew.

I also checked DL and PS, but that's because I misread as D&D you've played. I've held games set in those settings, but not in 4e.

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
The Homebrew option does make me understand why the development team devalued settings for 4e, since most people just used their own worlds, and focused more on non-specific material.

Brad

catsclaw227

First Post
One more time!

Slumbering Tsar, a Necromancer Games FrogGodGames adventure, designed for 3.5 pathfinder, but being converted to 4e. The players love it, I am having a blast converting it, and I'm feeling supercharged as a DM again!!!

Long live 3.x 3PPs with awesome ideas! I can convert most of these great adventures into any system I want -- creativity is the key. Something the new GSL has stifled for 4e, unfortunately.

The Monster

Explorer
Played LFR, a couple one-shots, and just started my own campaign, which is based on my old War In The East wargame map (WW2 Russian front), but populated with assorted sites from default/Nentir (for example, Arkhosia is where Astrakan is; Bael Turath is somewhere in Romania).
The first couple years of WW2 Russia makes for a nice springboard for coming up with a broad heroic-tier arc...

jeffh

Adventurer
The Homebrew option does make me understand why the development team devalued settings for 4e, since most people just used their own worlds, and focused more on non-specific material.

Brad

On the other hand, current published support does make a visible difference, at least among ENWorld posters who care enough to vote in a poll such as this. I find it interesting that the #2 through #7 options are all and only those with some form of recent published support from WotC.

Dr_Ruminahui

First Post
Well, to a certain extent, I think that's self-fulfilling - WotC will support those settings that are most popular, which means the settings it supports are the most likely to have people playing in that setting.

That said, I'm sure the fact that they are supported in turn leads to them being more popular... a kind of feedback loop, I guess.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads