Your accumulated 3.x list?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
My book shelves are 3 feet long per section, and I have 12 sections filled up, plus three more boxes filled up and heavy enough that it requires two people to carry them safely. That is ALL of my RPG stuff, though. Not just 3E.

I've got you edged-out.

After 30 years in the hobby, my gaming posessions fill 16 3ft bookshelf sections + 2 3'6"ft tall Elfa carts + a 3'6"x2'x18" stack of Sterilite drawers (Dwarven Forge stuff) + a 5'x16"x12" stack of Sterilite drawers (various plastic minis) + a 3'x9"x9" stack of Sterlite drawers (Rocketmen CMG) + 1 each DDM Red, Blue, Black & White dragons + 2 4'x2'x2' trunks (M:tG Alpha-6thEd) + 18 cardboard double card boxes of various other CCGs + 34 Chessex Minis boxes + 2 3' portfolio tubes + 1 6' portfolio tube + 1 6'x5'x18" Intermetro commercia shelf system (5 levels) filled with my boxes of Dragon and Dungeon magazines and unopened boxes of minis.

And that is after I purged a lot of stuff at Half-Price Books...

So, if you have less than that, you're probably OK! :)

Last edited:

I have 44 3.xE WotC books.

I have the Rules Compendium and Exemplars of Evil on my wish list for 3.5E books. There are about 10 other WotC 3.5E books (half of them adventures) that I'll get if the price is right.

On top of that I have about 55 3rd Party books for 3.xE, all the Dungeon issues from about #90 to #150 (except for #119) as well as at least 55 3.x books in PDF format (all obtained legitimately).

I'm at the stage now where I'll probably have to eBay at least half a dozen of my hardcover books before I buy any more.

Olaf the Stout

Claudius Gaius

First Post
What a question...

Hm. A couple of minutes with a tape measure tells me 78 linear feet of shelf space, four filing cabinet drawers, and an assortment of piles and boxes, plus all the .pdf purchases on disk. Of course that is thirty years worth and every game system I own: the 3.0-3.5 stuff is probably only 7-8 feet.
Perhaps fortunately, most of the 3.0-3.5 stuff turned out to be fairly useless. These days I mostly take along the Players Handbook, a Monster Book (as needed for whatever I've got in mind), Eclipse: The Codex Persona, The Practical Enchanter, Character Sheets, and a Map. Once in a while a psionics book or sourcebook with advanced technology equipment lists, but that isn't usually necessary: most of the players use Dweomer or Witchcraft from Eclipse if they want a Psychic and you rarely need equipment lists after you set up the characters.
Of course, that's not quite twice the space the cookbooks take up and its well behind the mystery novels and science-fiction/fantasy categories: nobody here can bear to throw away a book.

Robert Ranting

First Post
The following list is just of the physical books I possess.

WotC
3.0 PHB
3.0 DMG
3.5 Monster Manual I
Monster Manual II
PHB II
Complete Adventurer (currently missing/misplaced :( )
Sandstorm
Stormwrack
Monster Manual V

Malhavoc Press
Monte Cook's Arcana Unearthed
AU DM screen and player's guide
AU: Legacy of the Dragons
AU: Mystic Secrets, the Lore of Word and Rune
The Complete Book of Eldritch Might
Monte Cook's Arcana Evolved
AE: Transcendence
Ptolus: The City by the Spire

Other Sword and Sorcery/Arthaus
Creature Collection I Revised
Vigil Watch: Secrets of the Assaathi
Scarred Lands DM Screen and adventure booklet
WarCraft: The Roleplaying Game
WC: Manual of Monsters
WC: Magic and Mayhem
World of WarCraft: The Roleplaying Game

Fantasy Flight
Sorcery and Steam

Paizo
2 Issues of Dragon (numbers escape me, but the Ninja/Pirates/Dinosaurs issue, and the China Mieville's Bas-Lag setting issue)
Pathfinder #1-3
Gamesmastery Module W1: Conquest of Bloodsworn Vale

Necromancer Games
Tome of Horrors I (3.0, but I picked up the free 3.5 version during Free RPG week)

Robert "This Will Probably Double Once 3.5 Books Hit the Bargain Bins" Ranting

Pants

First Post
WotC:
PHB3.5
DMG3.5
MM3.5
Expanded Psionics Handbook
Player's Handbook II
Dungeon Master's Guide II
Epic Level Handbook
Monster Manual II
Monster Manual III
Monster Manual IV
Monster Manual V
Fiend Folio
Complete Warrior
Complete Adventurer
Complete Arcane
Complete Mage
Complete Psionic
Tome of Battle
Tome of Magic
Tome & Blood
Savage Species
Masters of the Wild
Weapons of Legacy
Draconomicon
Libris Mortis
Lords of Madness
Fiendish Codex I
Fiendish Codex II
Drow of the Underdark
Frostburn
Sandstorm
Stormwrack
Cityscape
Dungeonscape
Magic Item Compendium
Unearthed Arcana

FR:
FRCS
Player's Guide to Faerun
Races of Faerun

Eberron:
ECS
Sharn: City of Towers
Five Nations
Explorer's Guide to Eberron
Xendrik
Magic of Eberron

Misc WotC d20:
Call of Cthulhu d20

Green Ronin:
Advanced Bestiary
Book of Fiends

Privateer Press:
Iron Kingdom's Character Guide
Iron Kingdom's World Guide
Five Finger's: Port of Deceit
Monsternomicon
Monsternomicon II

Necromancer:
Tome of Horrors
Tome of Horrors II
Tome of Horrors III

Sword & Sorcery:
Creature Collection II
World of Warcraft: The Roleplaying Game
World of Warcraft: Manual of Monsters

Fantasy Flight Games:
Dungeoncraft
Monster's Handbook
Portal's and Planes

Paizo:
Dragon Compendium

Malhavoc:
Arcana Evolved

Treebore

First Post
Dannyalcatraz said:
I've got you edged-out.

After 30 years in the hobby, my gaming posessions fill 16 3ft bookshelf sections + 2 3'6"ft tall Elfa carts + a 3'6"x2'x18" stack of Sterilite drawers (Dwarven Forge stuff) + a 5'x16"x12" stack of Sterilite drawers (various plastic minis) + a 3'x9"x9" stack of Sterlite drawers (Rocketmen CMG) + 1 each DDM Red, Blue, Black & White dragons + 2 4'x2'x2' trunks (M:tG Alpha-6thEd) + 18 cardboard double card boxes of various other CCGs + 34 Chessex Minis boxes + 2 3' portfolio tubes + 1 6' portfolio tube + 1 6'x5'x18" Intermetro commercia shelf system (5 levels) filled with my boxes of Dragon and Dungeon magazines and unopened boxes of minis.

And that is after I purged a lot of stuff at Half-Price Books...

So, if you have less than that, you're probably OK! :)

Feeling better and better!

Strange how it feels better knowing there are worse addicts out there than yourself.

Voadam

Legend
Treebore said:
Feeling better and better!

Strange how it feels better knowing there are worse addicts out there than yourself.
Switch over to buying in pdf format. It doesn't feel as bad when you look over a hundred file names compared to a hundred books on another shelf. And it is easier to store and move.

Remove ads