Your most used accessories?

pming

Legend
Hiya!

- A big (2.5' x 4' or so) white board that lays flat on the table

--numbered and lettered "furniture feet pads"...those little felt 'pads' with a sticky bit on one side that you stick to the underside of the feet of tables, chair's, etc so that they move easier and don't scratch wooden floors. They come in all sizes, I use 1" size mostly, but sometimes the smaller ones, and I cut-out of a flat sheet of it other sizes/shapes as needed for unusual sized or large/long (like giant snakes, horses, giants, dragons, etc). I use these on the white board if we feel like a combat is going to get complicated (usually we just play Theatre of the Mind style).

- Custom drawn maps on large sheets of paper

- Occasionally I'll use my 65" 4K TV to display some particular monster, location, item, etc...but we usually just play a multi-hour long "RPG Music" video from Youtube on it for background noise.

^_^

Paul L. Ming

@Imaculata, this sounds really nice, do you have some pics you can share?

Most certainly! (BTW, I know I said I placed the tiles on plywood earlier, but I meant to say hardboard.)

lake_map.JPG

This is a map I created for an upcoming battle at the bottom of a lake, for my 3.5 pirate campaign.
I mixed some of my classic cavern and dungeon tiles (on the right) with new cavern tiles from Dungeontiles Reincarnated (on the left). I placed two pieces of hardboard side by side, so I can move it around. I added some Wizkids minis from Mageknight and other minis to dress things up.

Last edited:

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
I placed two pieces of hardboard side by side, so I can move it around. I added some Wizkids minis from Mageknight and other minis to dress things up.

Very nice indeed. I can recommend the cloroplast boards (I mentioned above) for something very light but sturdy, if that hardboard is a bit unwieldy?

I use these for character sheet holders along with a wet-erase pen. They're vertical sign holders (non free standing) made of clear, solid lexan. Keeps sheets clean and (more or less) immune to table spills.

61V10D1p9qL._SY550_.jpg

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
@MNblockhead - the cloth printing arrived. I think it's going to work well (and very easy to transport):

IMG_3035.JPG

Edit: probably could have been 25% smaller... :)

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
@MNblockhead - the cloth printing arrived. I think it's going to work well (and very easy to transport):

View attachment 105896

Edit: probably could have been 25% smaller... :)

The nice thing about printing it the size you did is that it can be put on the table for all to see and even manage.

For my games I have it off to the side of my DM screen. Players can see it and they can see when I put tickler markers down. Some times I'll put a false time marker down and when it gets to that time, I'll roll a die behind the screen for no reason. I find that the time wheel can create dramatic tension. Also, it gives a natural sense of the passage of time in game.

The only downside is that in a dungeon, I would think you would slowly lose a sense of the passage of time without time pieces or the sun and moon. I'm thinking of placing this behind the screen when they are below ground for more than a day.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases