Your Post Apocalyptic Shopping List

Solar panels and an adapter for normal electrical power.

Seeds so if I DO survive the intial apocalypse and have enough food to survive for a year, I can keep going with more food.

Have a well (need that electricity for the pump though).

If it's a nuclear apocalypse, won't matter. Nothing can help you live through that if predictions are correct.

Compared to the KT impact all the world's nuclear arsenals put together would be little more than a string of firecrackers, and KT stopped short of killing absolutely everything

Ryujin

Legend
Compared to the KT impact all the world's nuclear arsenals put together would be little more than a string of firecrackers.
Though asteroid impacts don't carry much of the added radiation that nuclear weapons result in, except of course for thermal radiation.

I think I read somewhere that the weather effects it caused may possibly have completely stripped off the ozone layer.

Also let's not discount that thermal radiation. According to some models the global temperature rose by hundreds of degrees and stayed that way for several minutes

Last edited:

Ryujin

Legend
I think I read somewhere that the weather effects it caused may possibly have completely stripped off the ozone layer.

Also let's not discount that thermal radiation. The global temperature rose by hundreds of degrees and stayed that way for several minutes
If there's another hit that big then it likely wouldn't matter what little plans we puny regular humans made, if they didn't include a century bunker.

Zardnaar

Legend
Compared to the KT impact all the world's nuclear arsenals put together would be little more than a string of firecrackers, and KT stopped short of killing absolutely everything

Yeah this us why I don't think a nuclear war is endvof the world apocalypse.

Not saying it's good and probably end civilization as we know it.

Suk to be in the northern hemisphere.

Ryujin

Legend
Yeah this us why I don't think a nuclear war is endvof the world apocalypse.

Not saying it's good and probably end civilization as we know it.

Suk to be in the northern hemisphere.
Considering that New Zealand was pretty much the only place to survive with civilization intact, in Wyndham's "The Crysalids"...

Remove ads