ZEITGEIST Zeitgeist XP rewards?

ve4grm

First Post
So, I'm looking through the Island at the Axis of the World (4e version), and I notice that, while enemies have XP listed for them, there are no XP listings from other sources, the most obvious of which seems to be skill challenges.

Are skill challenge XP and non-combat or quest-based XP not included in the adventure path? If so, is there any particular reason why only combat grants XP?

Or are we just meant to come up with these numbers ourselves to supplement it? (Skill challenges are easy enough, but ad-hoc XP is a bit tougher.)

Thanks.

gideonpepys

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
The adventure path simply tells you when to level up. At the end of the first adventure, all characters should be level two.

And enemies have XP listed in their stats so it's easier for the GM to figure out what to add or cut for a party that is more or less than 5 PCs.

ve4grm

First Post
Ah, I see. I had figured that was just a guideline, since many adventues include statements of what level it should bring the group to. (It might have been more clear to include, at the end of the adventure, a statement along the lines of "The group should be level 2 now.")

I assume some future adventures (since there are only 13 for 30 levels) will give multiple level-up points, probably between acts?

Ack, I knew we'd forget something.

We had totally planned to add a line like that to the end of the revised version of adventure 1. Oy. Well, time to make sure I put one in for the second adventure. (It levels you up to 3rd, 4th, and 5th, with guidelines for when to bump the party.)

ve4grm

First Post
Ha! Glad I could help, then.

Speaking of the revised versions (which I'm downloading now, as I just realized they exist), is there a place that shows what changed? Or that will announce when a revised version comes out? (I have them through RPGNow.)

The revisions were fairly minor for the 4e version; most of them were fixes to the PF version to make sure names for races and such matched.

Each version, though, does have much improved Prestige rules, since our first go was lacking.

Remove ads