D&D 5E Zendikar Rising Streaming Event and D&D Adventure tomorrow (Friday)

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Huh. Seriously doubt we are getting a hardcover Zendikar adventure/book on such short notice, but it would be super nice to have an updated Zendikar Planeshift, with a starter adventure, for sale on the DMsGuild. The Ixalan adventure didn't look to bad, and they have sold Ravnica adventures as well.

Mercurius

Legend
Huh. Seriously doubt we are getting a hardcover Zendikar adventure/book on such short notice, but it would be super nice to have an updated Zendikar Planeshift, with a starter adventure, for sale on the DMsGuild. The Ixalan adventure didn't look to bad, and they have sold Ravnica adventures as well.

"Such short notice" - not if is coming out in the spring. That's 5-6 months away. Seems about right for the next Magic setting, assuming they do one a year.

Laurefindel

Legend
I love, love the aesthetics of Zendikar, the (no longer much) mysterious hedrons, the floating jungles, the fantastical vistas! By far the most inspiring setting for an exploration game in M;tG verse...

but when I sat to think of an adventure to do there, my mind went blank. A full adventure, or even a bunch of hooks, would be welcome.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
"Such short notice" - not if is coming out in the spring. That's 5-6 months away. Seems about right for the next Magic setting, assuming they do one a year.

I would be really surprised if they announce tomorrow, with such little fanfare (compare this to Tasha and Icewind Dale, which were both repeatedly teased), that there is a full hardcover for Zendikar coming in the spring.

It's possible, but I doubt it.

Laurefindel

Legend
Now that I read the post again, I think this is going to be about a live stream D&D game set in Zendikar, with Aoife Wilson as a DM (who I do not know) and the other listed participants are the players.

so their adventure, not an adventure

Vael

Legend
Zendikar is a solid option for a rulebook. Things the book could include:
  • Vampire PCs
  • Merfolk and Kor
  • The Roil makes for running interesting environmental challenges
  • Skyclimbing, floating mountains ... the world is pretty crazy

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
Just ran that adventure the other night as a one-shot. Good times. But agreed these mini-settings are ripe for DMs Guild expansions.

Remove ads