D&D 5E Zombie apocalypse help

Lanliss

Explorer
So I am thinking of setting up a zombie apocalypse, possibly as a one shot, but it might go to a full campaign. I would like some input on a Will stat. I plan to add it according to the dmg guide for stats, though I think I will add 3 points to the buy system, as opposed to the 2 it recommends.

My goal is for it to affect a number of things that currently fall in grey areas. Here is my list so far.

-Resistance to intimidation (failure on a save results in disadvantage on attacks, probably for only a round or two, against the intimidating enemy)

-Resistance to poison

-bonus on Death saves

-Protection from the Zombie infection

After being bitten you would make a will save against the Zombie bite at the beginning of each day. I think I will set a DC15 check, and it will not change, unless you face disadvantage. Any thoughts or improvements? Also, do you think this would be feasible to add to standard games, for the other uses I have listed?

Pssthpok

First Post
All of these issues are presently covered by Wisdom or Constitution, except Death Saves, which are explicitly unmodified rolls. Wisdom (Insight) would tell you if an "intimidating" NPC was merely boasting or making credible threats. Constitution is already the go-to for saves against poisons and diseases.

Have fun - zombie games are a great way to get people into the game, since zombie apocalypse fiction is so prevalent and accessible outside of the bounds of the game. I typically start all my games with some degree of zombie horror involved.

Lanliss

Explorer
Yeah, the poison save was just a possible add on. The reason I had the intimidation save was a thread a little while back, which had some heavy arguments over the fact that you don't choose to be intimidated in life, and there is nothing currently in the game to handle that. I also think that will would work out well with the death save, considering ones will power has a bit to do with how well you hold onto life.

Remove ads