• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Zombies! New Dungeoncraft article up

Rechan

Adventurer
I'm actually really disappointed that Turn Undead is still in the game.

Although, here is my question:

Will a perform (Dance) to Thriller hypnotize the zombies?

Rechan said:
I'm actually really disappointed that Turn Undead is still in the game.

Although, here is my question:

Will a perform (Dance) to Thriller hypnotize the zombies?

Man, when I was 12 I had written so many undead encounters with that in mind.

Stone Dog

Adventurer
Prince of Happiness said:
So...they won't shuffle away when they get turned? *zombies pull out canes & top hats* Ch-ch-cha ch-ch-cha...
I'm betting they stop and glare at you with unholy hunger and/or barely retreat to the edge of your turning radius. What they don't do is flee from you completely.

Stone Dog said:
I'm betting they stop and glare at you with unholy hunger and/or barely retreat to the edge of your turning radius. What they don't do is flee from you completely.

So dilemma 2: If you're a couple XP short of levelling, can you smash their unholy hunger, glaring heads in to level up? Y'know, turning: Saving XP for that rainy day.

JVisgaitis

Explorer
JoeGKushner said:
Not thrilled.

Why bother having more than say, ten monsters that do different things and little sidebars on how to customize them to represent something else?

Don't need seperate stats for the gorgon and medusa. They just both ahve the ability to turn enemies into stone. THat's the important thing.

Weak.

I don't understand why you don't like this and you and I are usually on the same page with what we like, and I'm curious. Are you bothered by the fact that they are no longer templated? If so, why do different breeds of zombie need different stats? Don't get me wrong, I love templates, but for something like zombies who cares? If you want to switch them up, fine. Juggle around their hit points and stats.

I just don't understand why you think this is weak. Now if we took all of the dragons and wrote one entry and said add your own fluff, then we'd have issues. They're just zombies man! I just don't see any advantages for statting out individual zombie guys.

BTW, greatest zombie song EVER: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjMiDZIY1bM

Mouseferatu said:
There's really no need for a human zombie to be all that mechanically different from an elf zombie or even a bugbear zombie...

But we still need different-sized zombies...

I think this is a bad move. I'm fine with having generic zombies for every size category, but I'd still like the flexibility to apply zombie templates to a variety of monsters. Now every medium-sized zombie will be exactly the same. Boring...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads