VAMPIRE Gets A 4th MASQUERADE From Onxy Path!

Onyx Path announced a new edition of Vampire: The Masquerade at Gen Con. This will be the game's 4th Edition, 18 years after the previous iteration. The game will feature updated rules, and an advanced metaplot. (thanks to Fabrício for the scoop).

Onyx Path announced a new edition of Vampire: The Masquerade at Gen Con. This will be the game's 4th Edition, 18 years after the previous iteration. The game will feature updated rules, and an advanced metaplot. (thanks to Fabrício for the scoop).

Onyx Path confirms that the V20 planned run will be finished, with V:TM4 coming after. More information will be coming soon, when they get back from Gen Con.

v.jpg

Photo from Bryce Perry

Azzibeel

First Post
the God Machine updated the new World of Darkness. This is a new edition of the Old World Of Darkness Vampire. I am confused they are making a new edition, not surprised though. With the success of V20 it makes sense. I know there were complaints about the lack of Metaplot with V20. I am intrigued to what the new rules and plot will be.

Desh-Rae-Halra

Explorer
V20 was only in 2011, that's WAY TOO SOON for a new edition.
They still havent fulfilled Mage 20 (print version) for Christ's Sake.
If this is taken to be true, then Werewolf IV can be next years announcement, Mage IV in 2017, oh wait, maybe they can milk out a V25 edition next year too.

Seriously, this would be like if Evil hat announced The Dresden Files 2nd Edition right now.

I have moved from a place of liking Onyx Path to feeling like it is a conveyor belt cash-grab based on re-hashing old products. This announcement makes me view them more with suspicion than excitement.
[MENTION=2569]Baumi[/MENTION] The God Machine Chronicle was for Vampire: The Requiem (which is also in a second edition)

eyeheartawk

#1 Enworld Jerk™
Two main questions given Onyx Path's past:

1.) Will this actually be available in distribution?

2.) Will it also cost $125 per print copy?

Baumi

Adventurer
So they are making a new Edition for the old Edition, where they just made a Deluxe Edition, while still developing the NEW Edition (Requiem) which also just got a new Edition.

Man thats confusing! :p

ChapolimX

Explorer
So they are making a new Edition for the old Edition, where they just made a Deluxe Edition, while still developing the NEW Edition (Requiem) which also just got a new Edition.

Man thats confusing! :p

I don't blame you for beeing confused but this is not right.
They are making a new edition for the old game line (Classic/Old World of Darkness), where they just made a Deluxe Edition, while still developing the New game line(New World of Darkness, Requiem included) which also just got a new Edition.

ChapolimX

Explorer
I'm looking foward to it. I bought the leatherbound V20 out of nostalgia but came to realize that I can't stand their old game system anymore. This might be the opportunity for let the nostalgia behind (the main drive of the V20) and make bold game changes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jiggawatts

Adventurer
Honest question, why did they change their name from White Wolf to Onyx Path? It was generally a widely recognized brand name amongst gamers.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads