VAMPIRE Gets A 4th MASQUERADE From Onxy Path!

Onyx Path announced a new edition of Vampire: The Masquerade at Gen Con. This will be the game's 4th Edition, 18 years after the previous iteration. The game will feature updated rules, and an advanced metaplot. (thanks to Fabrício for the scoop).

Onyx Path announced a new edition of Vampire: The Masquerade at Gen Con. This will be the game's 4th Edition, 18 years after the previous iteration. The game will feature updated rules, and an advanced metaplot. (thanks to Fabrício for the scoop).

Onyx Path confirms that the V20 planned run will be finished, with V:TM4 coming after. More information will be coming soon, when they get back from Gen Con.

v.jpg

Photo from Bryce Perry

Scorpio616

First Post
The picture above seems kinda of a let down, like the 2 gentlemen were trying to make a big reveal or announcement and it looks more pathetic than energetic. I might be the only one who saw the pic in this light but that's how it struck me, like grab a table that open at 11am and hold up a sign to make an announcement at 1115 type thing.
To me they look like they are watching the crowd expecting to be boo'ed out of the room and worried the audience might rush them to take a piece out of their hides for their hand in perpetuating the supplement treadmill / new edition obseletion cycle.

Say isn't Chaosium also doing this "We're a new company now, please buy books you already have so we can still have jobs!" thing too?

Last edited by a moderator:

Well, I backed the 20th Anniversary Edition of Mage: The Ascension - for quite a lot of money - so it is a bit grating to now read fan speculations about a 4th edition before the current new edition has even been printed yet!

Indeed, the marketing spin to justify a new edition of Vampire and the denial that the 20th Anniversary Edition was actually a new edition (it bloody well was!) is almost like a joke from Paranoia XP, where any mention of the previous 3rd…erm…5th edition was considered treasonous!

The only thing that really could be added or developed for the Vampire game as is, is superfluous detail and ‘metaplot’. Maybe they could thin the volume down to a more manageable size, tweak a few rules, reassess the art direction, bring back the iconic red rose to the cover. However, the real reason for a new edition is purely to do with revenue streams.

And you suckers are going to buy it all again, aren’t you!? See y’all in 2021 for the 5th edition…..no wait 30th Anniversary Edition…..

Last edited by a moderator:

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads