A Complete D&D 5E Monster Index!

The Neuronphaser blog has a useful index of monsters from D&D 5th Edition, including not just the Monster Manual, but the various adventures, and some third party books such as Tome of Beasts (Kobold Press) and Fifth Edition Foes (Frog God Games). Nothing from EN5ider, sadly, but you can't have everything! Click here or on the image below to check it out.

The Neuronphaser blog has a useful index of monsters from D&D 5th Edition, including not just the Monster Manual, but the various adventures, and some third party books such as Tome of Beasts (Kobold Press) and Fifth Edition Foes (Frog God Games). Nothing from EN5ider, sadly, but you can't have everything! Click here or on the image below to check it out.

5e_monster_index_screehshot.jpg

It includes not just monsters, but also all the named NPCs from Curse of Strahd, Tyranny of Dragons; these are given descriptive titles rather than names. This is definitely a resource every DM should have available!
SaveSaveSaveSave

This is great - thankyou Neurophaser!

Now, if someone could expand it to include a paragraph stats summary for every monster, my joy would be complete..! Would happily pay for that...

timbannock

Adventurer
Supporter

Whoa! You've got a lot more detail in there!

I'm trying to keep mine simple as a quick reference, but as an aside, I fully plan to add a terrain notation (using the specific terrain/environment types from the DMG) and a 1-sentence description of each monster.

I'll be done with that in like 40 years ;-P

Actually someone else (I wish I could remember who) started it and posted it on the forums at the D&D website. I saved a copy from there before it the D&D forums went away. At the rate WotC puts out material it hasn't been hard to keep up to date, but doing anything more seems like a lot of work. By the time they get up to 3 MM type books, I will probably wish I had the 1 sentence descriptions in there.

I find it helpful for things like "how many monsters have wisdom scores above 15?" or "how many concentration spells are on the sorcerer's spell list?", and gives out enough information to whet appetites (so if someone saw the elemental myrmidons and wanted them, they would know to buy PotA) without spoiling the monster.

timbannock

Adventurer
Supporter
Actually someone else (I wish I could remember who) started it and posted it on the forums at the D&D website. I saved a copy from there before it the D&D forums went away. At the rate WotC puts out material it hasn't been hard to keep up to date, but doing anything more seems like a lot of work. By the time they get up to 3 MM type books, I will probably wish I had the 1 sentence descriptions in there.

I find it helpful for things like "how many monsters have wisdom scores above 15?" or "how many concentration spells are on the sorcerer's spell list?", and gives out enough information to whet appetites (so if someone saw the elemental myrmidons and wanted them, they would know to buy PotA) without spoiling the monster.

Yeah, good stuff.

Once I have the descriptions in there, if we can coordinate a VLOOKUP in Excel or something like that you could just pull the descriptions in. I don't mind sharing ;-) In fact, I put a link to your spreadsheet in my original article on neuronphaser.com so you get some more love, too.

Sharing is caring.

Yeah, good stuff.

Once I have the descriptions in there, if we can coordinate a VLOOKUP in Excel or something like that you could just pull the descriptions in. I don't mind sharing ;-) In fact, I put a link to your spreadsheet in my original article on neuronphaser.com so you get some more love, too.

Sharing is caring.

Sounds like a plan. Thank you.

Remove ads

Remove ads