Chicago Gameday XXIII Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekb

First Post
Hey, ekb, you know there's a game specifically designed to handle exactly what you're going for, right
semi-spoiler:
I liked Classroom Deathmatch. I also liked Panty Explosion and Battle Royale. I didn't like the rules system - it just wasn't as collaborative as I'd like. Rarely do you eliminate a peer on your own: you bring friends and have a boot party...

CD also operates at an individual level whereas what I'm doing is at a squad level, to use some of the wargaming jargon. Works better at keeping everyone at the table while still allowing for the sex, sadism & snobbery to get Truly Brutal(TM).

I also enjoy the way that extended actions are organized in Reign... because it takes a while to kill a cheerleader, much less the whole mess of them.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Free RPG Day is coming up, June 20. We should have 2 or 3 freebies per customer. Everyone is invited.
Anyone want to run a game on that day? Any RPG, 3-4 hours.
[/threadjack]

I've forked this to its own thread.

Last edited:

buzz

Adventurer
SO, I'm changing my morning game, as I feared might happen (if more GMs want to run in the morning, I'm totally willing to drop this one.) It will now be "The Zharovi Gypsies: Curse of the Nightmares", for up to five players, obv. no experience necessary.
Noted in the first post.

I'm happy to run a morning slot Medieval Fantasy Combat Miniatures Game on a Minis table if it turns out there is room, so let me know. Thanks.
Added! No reason not to.

We're 6 and 6 now, but there's easily room for at least one more event in each slot.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
The large minis table in front (by the window) will be taken by our monthly Battletech miniatures group. The GameDay is cleared for the rest of the tables. This shouldn't be a problem, I know it's been a years since we needed both big tables for a GameDay.

Ninjacat

First Post
Hey, if nobody's staked a claim yet...can I get the table by the back door? It's where we ended up last time, and I think it worked well.

Reidzilla

Explorer
As for myself, I think I will probably run Lacuna. Unless I decide to run My Life With Master instead. Or maybe Zombie Cinema.

As a registered member of the Zombicrat party, I vote for Zombie Cinema.

Remember, for a brain in every pot and job for every corpse,
vote Zombicrat in your next election.
Stop wasting your vote on the lesser evils

This message sponsered by the Zombicrat national party

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads