Votes: 12 10.2%
  • No, we show our appreciation at other times

Votes: 29 24.6%
  • Never heard of it

Votes: 77 65.3%

• Poll closed .

Laurel

First Post
We will have to see how many times he has killed my PC by then.

Honestly, I had not heard about this before this year. DM actually mentioned it just a few weeks ago. I just thought he was fishing for us to have one night of no complaints, whining, or debates about the rules. Yeah, sometimes I wonder why he wants to DM us as well :)

Henry

Autoexreginated
My group is likely not aware of it, and I am ambivalent towards it, anyway. When we celebrate the GM, it's usually on his/her birthday, and usually by a birthday present that they can use when gaming. On my birthday/christmas in 2001, my group pre-bought me the Call of Cthulhu d20 book, and Masters of the Wild. In 2002, they bought me a ton of fantasy novels that I could not only enjoy but plagarize for adventures; in 2003 they bought me the minis handbook which I still use a bit; and last year, since money was tight we all exchanged some small tokens, but in general some pretty cool stuff.

That reminds me - one of my GMs is having his birthday in a couple of months...

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
There is no option for "No, the ungrateful bastards!"

I think they just don't think about it. Yes, they have heard of it; I arranged to get the limited edition of the Ravenloft book for our groups's other DM a couple of years back. Now I'm the DM, but I really can't see myself making a suggestion for myself. That would make me look as shallow as I apparently am.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Most of my players probably never heard of it, and it would be doubly tacky of me to suggest it, since I am the dm AND own the game store.

EricNoah

Adventurer
Although I have, of course, heard of it, I marked "never heard of it" because no one in my group has, nor do I think they would bother with it even if they did know about it.

Remove ads