• Never heard of it

Votes: 77 65.3%

• Poll closed .

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Mark said:
I think people would be surprised by how much their players appreciate their GM and what the players would do if they knew about this burgeoning holiday.

Nice ad copy, but honestly, I think GM Day is pretty solidly a local phenomenon. None of my players read EN World, so none of them have ever heard about it. And it isn't like I'm gonna go tootin' my own horn to them about it. :)

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Umbran said:
Nice ad copy, but honestly, I think GM Day is pretty solidly a local phenomenon. None of my players read EN World, so none of them have ever heard about it. And it isn't like I'm gonna go tootin' my own horn to them about it. :)

Not ad copy but you'd have caught that if you had read and understood the rest of what I wrote. GM's Day isn't about you, it's about every other GM out there and spreading the word as someone who knows just how tough it is to be a GM. So, too, for those players who realize how much work goes into it and wish to make sure GMs everywhere get their due thanks.

Local phenomenon? Sure, I guess. Of course that's changing and it only begs the question whether you'll be on the sidelines, embracing it down the road, or jumping on board now to be part of that growing phenomenon. I find it hard to believe that anyone would actively work against an idea like this.

Bottom line is that it's a great idea that benefits everyone. The industry gets a boost at a time of year when it needs it (and a helthy industry is good for everyone), GMs get some much deserved thanks and recognition, and players get a happier GM who will be just a little less likely to burn out or feel under-appreciated. I guess that everyone wins except the cynics, but they never really win anyway in cases like this, if ever.

ivocaliban

First Post
I hadn't heard of it until just now. Of course, being the DM I'll make sure everyone around me knows I expect tribute on March 4th or PCs may suddenly find themselves coming down with various diseases from the Book of Erotic Fantasy. I mean, geeze, I pay for everything except the gas money for the ride to my house as it is!

GlassJaw

Hero
Dear GlassJaw;

It's nothing you're gonna use to hustle us into giving you presents or taking you out to eat, if that's what you're thinking.

Sincerely,
Your Tuesday group.

Well you can't fault a GM for trying!

Of course now you've gane and made Kazmojen upset. And I don't think you want to see Kazmojen when he's upset. :] The time for reckoning is nigh!

Sincerely,
Your Tuesday DM. Bwah ha ha ha!!!

Heathen72

Explorer
Joshua Dyal said:
In my group, we all GM at times, so it would seem a bit silly.

Well, it could be a bit like Christmas, couldn't it!

we celebrate GM's Day and recognize our GM the rest of the time by buying them dinner and munchies. All they have to do is run the game! :) That said we all work full time, so the cost is far less less than that of the time our GM's devotes to preparing the game.

Last edited:

Heathen72

Explorer
CarlZog said:
Dear GlassJaw;

It's nothing you're gonna use to hustle us into giving you presents or taking you out to eat, if that's what you're thinking. :)

Sincerely,
Your Tuesday group.

Your Tuesday group, huh? I'm guessing that means Glassjaw runs a game for you every Tuesday. For a whole year? It also kinda implies that he runs a different group on another night!

Please allow me to hustle on his behalf. He deserves it! ;)

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Heh, I am the only one in our group that celebrates it, and I'm the GM!

I did get one prezzie a couple of years ago, a copy of Librum Equetus Vol.1. Nice thought, but I had already bought LE Compiled... the same day. (Which is one of my most used books.)

Giving PDFs is awkward in any event, but the sale on LE1 for GM's Day made him get it for me. (For that matter the sale for GM's Day is why I purchased Compiled that same day.)

The Auld Grump

Last edited:

CarlZog

Explorer
spunkrat said:
Your Tuesday group, huh? I'm guessing that means Glassjaw runs a game for you every Tuesday. For a whole year? It also kinda implies that he runs a different group on another night!

Please allow me to hustle on his behalf. He deserves it! ;)

Yeah, he does. But I don't him to know that. You know how big-headed those GMs can get. ;)

Remove ads