Describe your homebrew in one sentence.

Whizbang Dustyboots said:
I'm now toying with the idea of creating a campaign setting loosely based on early 19th century North America, with the nations of the Old World having a loose continental foothold, while brave settlers and explorers penetrate a continent that has its own rich life that will inevitably be at odds with the newcomers. In deference to D&D, neither the native peoples nor the newcomers are all humans -- there are tribes of elves and goblin wolfriders in the New World, along with dwarven proto-industrial cities and gnomish explorers cutting a swath through the southern forests looking for legendary sites.
That's similar to what I had in mind for a setting that went nowhere; kind of extrapolate what a fantasy/mythological (as opposed to alt.history) version of the New World would have been like if the Scandinavians had been able to advance and hold onto their settlements on the East Coast, and the interactions they subsequently would have had with the native American peoples.

By fantasy/mythological as opposed to alt.history, I'm saying I'd toss out actual ethnic groupings and geography. This would be the equivalent of a Viking/Skraeling new world in the same sense that Rokugan is equivalent to Japan.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
DragonSword said:
Terra-Viejo - huh? I had a homebrew called Terra once... Good times, good times...

Terra Viejo has been a source of good times for us for about 10 years.

And there are probably a few other Terra's and more then a few fantasy Earths. So far there is at least one other on this thread.

Mark Causey

Explorer
*slaps head* Actually, since I didn't post a HOMEBREW campaign, I feel it'll be okay to actually post one @_@

Never got played, but ...

Versa: A world where magic is pervasive and responds to subconscious, nations are actaully sentient divisions of continents fighting over resources, and men and creatures are subject to the whims of the world allows only the most willful or insane to control the powers that have created everything.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Northern Crown sounds really good, and I'm definitely going to be picking it up, but it sounds more like Daniel Webster than Last of the Mohicans, which is more of what I'm interested in. Maybe people talking about it have just focused on the Salem Witch Trials flavor and it could run the other stuff, too.

For every NPC you see and come in contact with, there are three more sizing up your back for their organization's dagger of hidden betrayal.

Elder-Basilisk

First Post
Still got the nifty website? Last time I looked, it hadn't been updated in quite a while.

Aeric said:
"The First God tore his body asunder to create the Shards, enormous islands of rock floating in a seemingly endless sea of air, which the children of the gods live upon, while a being of pure entropy simply known as The Beneath awaits to devour all of creation."

Wombat

First Post
Set in a colonial environment, the campaign of New Mavarga plays with the concept that the Europeans were lucky in facing native populations due to timing; the colonists of New Mavarga, thus, face the Akapans when the latter are not in a period of political, social, economic or even epidemic upheaval.

Okay, a slightly complex sentence, but it fits the criteria. ;)

Remove ads