[FULL] Star Wars D20 Revised Episode III - Episode IV

Shadow, do we get one Force Point for each of our three levels plus one for being a Jedi as in the rules? Or do we start with fewer with the assumption that we spent some already?

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
Sounds good Tagon and Linnorm. Force Points for Force Users are four total. For non- Force users, of course it would only be three. I figure you could also have gotten more as well as used up some in your previous 2 levels, so it evens out, I think.

Ambrus

Explorer
shadowbloodmoon said:
Ambrus... Hmm.... you could also be, dare I say it, a privately owned mercenary droid... services bought and used for by the Separatists, actually that would fit quite well with what a have in mind for the beginning, assuming Tagon's character does what I think it will...

I welcome any ideas you have to offer, though I'm not really following you since I know so little about the starting situation of the campaign. Could you perhaps elaborate on your idea? What race(s) are these seperatists BTW?

shadowbloodmoon said:
For non- Force users, of course it would only be three.

I get force points. Yay me! :p

Last edited:

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
Ambrus... Firstly, I don't believe droids get Force points. That's bad on one hand, but good on the other. It makes you immune to Dark Side points.... I'll have to read a bit more to confirm though.

As far as the story goes, the Separatists include The Trade Federation, Banking Clan and Techno Union Guild plus various systems, like Ryll and Malastare. This being mostly a droid outpost, there will be Nemoidians there, but the indigenous population is human. They are not technically separatists, they are just a group of colonists that happened to be there when the separatists attacked. Any other races would possibly include Duros technicians, Gran mercenaries, and possibly Devaronian bounty hunters that the Separatists have hired.

What I had in mind for you and Tagon's character was to have the same person be your boss (an independent contractor, so to speak) and to have chosen the two of you for this assignment, working at this Separatist outpost. That way, though you start with an amount of loyalty in one place, it is not necessarily to either the Republic or the Separatists. It is whoever your boss decides you are working for at the time.

Ambrus

Explorer
shadowbloodmoon said:
Ambrus... Firstly, I don't believe droids get Force points. That's bad on one hand, but good on the other. It makes you immune to Dark Side points.... I'll have to read a bit more to confirm though.

You're right of course; droids don't get force points. I was trying (and aparently failing) to make a joke. :heh:

shadowbloodmoon said:
What I had in mind for you and Tagon's character was to have the same person be your boss (an independent contractor, so to speak) and to have chosen the two of you for this assignment, working at this Separatist outpost. That way, though you start with an amount of loyalty in one place, it is not necessarily to either the Republic or the Separatists. It is whoever your boss decides you are working for at the time.

Hmm. I have to admit, I have some reservations about your idea. The idea of being duty bound to some boss, somewhere, who most likely considers me his property and who would probably take offense if I left my assignment to go adventuring doesn't appeal to me much.

I do appreciate the extra details you provided however. They give me a better idea of the starting environement. I think I've got a good idea for my background. I'll stew on it for a bit and perhaps post something later tonight.

Captain Tagon

First Post
Posting character here for approval because I suck at game mechanics and they might need to be checked over. Also so Ambrus could see the background and maybe that might work for him. As long as the background is cool with you as well shadow.

Code:
Name: Raek Plot’fey
Class: Scout 3
Origin: Mercenary Commando
Species: Bothan
Character Level: 3
XP: 3001 (Needed: 6000)
Force Points: 1
Height: 1.5 M
Mass: 83 KG
Hair: Dark Brown
Eyes: Brown
Skin: Brown

Vitality:  18 (9 + 4 + 5)
Wounds: 12
Force Points: 3

Defense: 16 [10 + 3 (Class), + 3 (Dex), +0 (Size)]
Armor: None

Initiative: +3 (Dex +3)

Ability Scores:
STR: 12 (+1)
DEX: 16 (+3)
CON: 12 (+1)
INT: 14 (+2)
WIS: 14 (+2)
CHA: 10 (+0)

Saving Throws:
Fortitude: +3 (Base +2, Con +1)
Reflex: +5 (Base +2, Dex +3)
Will: +4 (Base +2, Wis +2)

Base Attack Bonus: + 2
Melee: +3 (Base +2, Ability +1, Size +0)
Ranged: +5 (Base +2, Ability +3, Size +0)

Weapons:
Weapon: Blaster Rifle
Attack Bonus: +5
Damage: 3D8
Critical: 19-20
Stun Fort DC: 18
Range: 30M
Type: Energy
Size: Medium
Notes: Multifire, 50 shots per Power Pack

Weapon: Blaster Pistol
Attack Bonus: +5
Damage: 3D6
Critical: 20
Stun Fort DC: 15
Range: 10M
Type: Energy
Size: Small
Notes: Multifire, 100 shots per Power Pack

Skills :                               Ranks       Ability         Misc        Total
Astrogate                               +4              +2                               +6
Climb                                    +3              +3                                +6
Demolition                            +6              +2                               +8
Hide                                      +6              +3                                +9
Gather Information                                 +0                     +2      +2
Listen                                    +3              +2                               +5
Move Silently                       +6              +3                               +9
Pilot                                      +6              +3                               +9
Repair                                   +3              +2                               +5 
Spot                                      +3              +2                +2          +7
Survival                                +5              +2                               +7
Swim                                    +3              +1                               +3

Feats:
Weapon Group Proficiency (blaster pistols, blaster rifles, simple weapons)
Starship Operation (starfighter)
Martial Arts
Point Blank Shot

Traits:
+2 species bonus to Gather Information and Spot
Trailblazing
Heart +1

Equipment (Weight):
Blaster Rifle 4.5 kg
Blaster Pistol 1kg
Aquata Breather .2kg
Field Kit 10kg
(Kit include: two condensed canteens with built-in water purification systems, sunshield roll, week’s worth of rations, two glow rods, two breath masks, twenty-four filters, twelve atmosphere canisters, and an all-temperature cloak)
Electrobionoculars 1kg
Flight Suit 3kg
Comlink .1kg
4 Power Packs .4kg
Total Weight Carried: 20.2kg (Light Load)

Movement:
Base: 10
Hustle: 20
Run (x4): 40

Credits: 850

Languages: Read/Write/Speak Basic and Bothese

Background: Raek left the Bothan homeworld of Bothawui in his late teens. The reason was the he had been recruited into an all Bothan mercenary unit. He cut his teeth in the Outer Rim fighting outlaws and pirates and participating in small border skirmishes on worlds that were only, at best, loosely associated with the Republic. Once the war between the Republic and the Separatists really opened up however, Raek’s unit was hired on a long term deal to act as commando liaisons to the Separatists ground forces, training, advising, and leading small squads of Separatists troops on black ops missions.

Soon after being posted, by himself, to an out of the way outpost, Raek received new orders from Bothawui. Leading members of Bothan culture had begun to see a disturbing pattern in the activities of the Republic, especially it’s Chancellor. Raek’s new orders were to seek out members of the Jedi order and try to get them back to Bothawui, either by convincing them to come or capturing them.

Ambrus

Explorer
Shadowbloodmoon... I've added a character history in my droid write-up in the Rogue's Gallery. Please take a look and let me know if you think it'll work for you. :)

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
Tagon... From first glance, things look okay. I'm actually headed to sleep soon, but I'll double check when I awaken. Go ahead and post him in the RG and if we need to make any changes, I'll let you know.

Ambrus... I read the background and it looks really good. One thing, the same as I mentioned to Galethorn and the others, the last part hasn't happened just yet.. You'll be in the middle of it when the game starts. I need to edit a few things to fit your background, but it should go rather smoothly. Nice job.

Where is Nephtys?

Ambrus

Explorer
Ah, okay. I hadn't caught that. I'll amend it in a bit. Glad you liked it though. :)

I figure the republic resistance cell I'm spying is in fact some of the other PCs and would allow me the oppurtunity to hookup with the other players once the fighting starts. Sound good?

BTW, I was considering that buying a translation unit for my droid may be more useful for the party overall than, say, my electroshock probe. Some GMs play up the proliferation of alien languages while others just hand wave it away. I figured I'd ask for your two cents. Any suggestions? :\

I'm getting really excited now. :D

Last edited:

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
I figure the republic resistance cell I'm spying is in fact some of the other PCs and would allow me the oppurtunity to hookup with the other players once the fighting starts. Sound good?

That sounds like exactly what I have in mind...

At this point, most everyone you meet will speak Basic, so translation wouldn't be an issue. However, depending on which direction the campaign goes, there may be times when it is needed. For the most common languages, i.e. Basic, Huttese, etc. I will probably handwave the translation as long as someone has the language. More obscure languages however will require some sort of translation device to avoid penalties to interaction rolls.

Speaking of rolls, there was one thing I wanted to quickly discuss with you guys to see how you wanted to do it. I'm thinking either one, we go with a dice roller everyone can agree on; or two, I go a similar route to AMG and have you guys just post your bonuses and I will do the rolling and post the results. Let me know what you guys think while we're waiting on Nephtys. I don't want to have to do this but if we don't have his character soon, I may have to go with Linnorm.

Oh and Tagon, I noticed you had your Force Points listed twice. You may want to edit that so you just have the three Force Points showing...

Remove ads