[FULL] Star Wars D20 Revised Episode III - Episode IV

Ambrus

Explorer
shadowbloodmoon said:
At this point, most everyone you meet will speak Basic, so translation wouldn't be an issue. However, depending on which direction the campaign goes, there may be times when it is needed.

Hmm. I guess I'll just start off as is and perhaps have a translation module added on later if it seems too useful to do without.

shadowbloodmoon said:
I go a similar route to AMG and have you guys just post your bonuses and I will do the rolling and post the results.

I'm good with this. I'd even propose that during combat, to keep things flowing steadily, that we post our intended actions for the following two or three rounds with any provisions or conditions that would make us change our intended action as well as some corresponding alternative actions. Then Shadowbloodmoon could sumarize the results of a few rounds of action at once rather than spacing three rounds over a period of a week. Just an idea though.

shadowbloodmoon said:
I don't want to have to do this but if we don't have his character soon, I may have to go with Linnorm.

I hope it doesn't come to that. I spent the better part of my sunday typing up responses to his myriad questions about Force Adepts and force skills. I'll understand if you do though. I *would* like to get the campaign rolling soon. :\

BTW, I was thinking about role-playing my droid today and it occured to me that since I can't really describe 1X's body language (being a black bowling ball with three unblinking eyes) or make any expressive beeps to show how I feel (a la R2) that I could take advantage of the text format of the forum and type out some of the data that 1X is processing in some kind of computer code format. Although it essentially shows what 1X is thinking and isn't really PC knowledge the other player's will have access to, I thought it might be more fun to read than his curt responses (DRK-1s aren't really designed to chat much). If anyone doesn't like the idea then just let me know and I'll reconsider. ;)

Last edited:

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
I actually think that would be really cool if you did that. I like reading when characters are thinking, so I'd be interested to see how you describe a droid's thoughts. Then you can tell me if he dreams of electric sheep.

As far as the rounds go, we'll see what everyone else thinks and go from there. I've run Palladium games where each character has about 8 actions per round, so I could do it, but I want to make sure everyone else wouldn't be overwhelmed.

I'm pining to get this thing rolling as much as everyone else is though. Star Wars is action interspersed with moments of space opera. If we don't hear from Nephtys later tonight, I'll post the IC thread and we'll begin. I will then edit it to change any significant details once his character is posted, hopefully within the next day or two.

Nephtys... If you are having trouble finishing up your character, please let us know so we can help you.

Galethorn

First Post
Ambrus said:
BTW, I was thinking about role-playing my droid today and it occured to me that since I can't really describe 1X's body language (being a black bowling ball with three unblinking eyes) or make any expressive beeps to show how I feel (a la R2) that I could take advantage of the text format of the forum and type out some of the data that 1X is processing in some kind of computer code format. Although it essentially shows what 1X is thinking and isn't really PC knowledge the other player's will have access to, I thought it might be more fun to read than his curt responses (DRK-1s aren't really designed to chat much). If anyone doesn't like the idea then just let me know and I'll reconsider. ;)
[Droid Speak]
Suggestion: It might work for your droid to speak like HK-47 from KOTOR.

Explanation: HK-47 uses a descriptive term at the beginning of each thing he says.

Statement: It can be quite funny while effective for a droid with no effective body language and little capacity for tonal changes.
[/Droid speak]

Example:
Owner: "Aaaghh! I'm on fire!"
Droid: "Sarcastic Retort: I hadn't noticed, Master."

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
I don't know if Ambrus will go for that one, but I'd be rolling on the floor laughing everytime if he did. Long lost decendant of HK-47's programming? He was always one of my favorite characters from that series of games. (drools for KOTOR 3 on XBox 360...)

Ambrus

Explorer
I'm afraid I'm not familiar with KOTOR or HK-47, sorry. It sounds like a good idea and I may keep it in mind but I have something a little more elaborate in mind for 1X. Hopefully you guys will find it entertaining. :)

Remove ads