B-MOVIE : Apocalypse now

D20Dazza

Explorer
Poking his head outside Meat yells at Johnny Hey dude, did ya get enough beer for everyone? I've got mine and Steph's contribution here" he says waving a handfull of bills at his friend.

zantriel

First Post
Johnny grins, “Yeah I have more than enough, I went around to the back door to pick it up; I thought it would be a bad idea to pick it up with a car full of teenagers.” He takes the cash from Meat. “Thanks.” He then heads towards the drivers seat. “Plus the back door is easier to load from; I didn’t want to haul twenty cases of beer through the store. Oh, and it’s going to be a bit of a tight trip from this point on, and try not to uncover the beer until we are done with the sheriff.”

After everyone gets in and finds a comfortable place he drives to the sheriff’s office. He parks in a spot off to the side, away from the front windows, but not out of complete sight. Then he gets out checks the tarp that he has placed over the luggage and beer cases. With the tarp and luggage covering the beer both inside and outside, the sheriff should be none the wiser to the beer we just picked up.

He then heads to the front door and heads in, Hey it opened easily, they must have fixed it. As he heads in he gives his eyes a moment to adjust to the light. Seeing one of the deputies he heads over to him and raises his hand in greeting. “Hey Dean, I see you fixed the door.” He thumbs back toward the main door. “So is the sheriff around?”

D20Dazza

Explorer
Meat waits patiently in the car, reaching over he tunes the radio into a different station - more country music blares from the speakers. "Damn I wish they had KNAC out here" he says to no one in particular. "Hey Rod you got any CDs?"

Bront

The man with the probe
Brian takes the oppertunity to get out and stretch a bit. It's quite cramped in the back. He looks around to see if anything interesting is happening, not likely in this small town.

DrZombie

First Post
zantriel said:
He then heads to the front door and heads in, Hey it opened easily, they must have fixed it. As he heads in he gives his eyes a moment to adjust to the light. Seeing one of the deputies he heads over to him and raises his hand in greeting. “Hey Dean, I see you fixed the door.” He thumbs back toward the main door. “So is the sheriff around?”

"He's in his office. You might as well go on in, this may concern you too" Dean says. "Just go on in."

Johny wanders down to the back. Through the semi-tranparent glass he can see that several people are in there, and apparently they are having an argument.

At his polite knock, the voices quiet down, and the sheriff opens the door.

"Johny Winters. Come on in."

There are four other people in the room. Two of them appear to be park-rangers, in their early thirties, one is a fat middle aged guy wearing the typical ranch-owner clothing from the area, complete with a stetson hat, and the fourth is a red-headed lady who would be drop-dead gorgeous except for the stubborn look in her eyes and the fierce scowl on her face.

"Allright Johny. We've got a bit of trouble here. There's two hikers missing in the mountains, about thirty miles from your uncles cabin. I'd appreciate it if you stoked your fire with some wet wood, get me a good smokeplume out there, so that they migh see it.
And if you go hunting, keep your eyes peeled, allright? And now with those goddamn wolves.."

The redhead erupts. "Will you stop trying to tie this in with the wolves, for chrissakes. You just want an excuse so you and your beer-swilling friends can go on a rampage."

"Dr Janckowits, please." The sheriff tries to maintain his temper."You do your job, and I'll do mine. Now Johny, if you see anything strange, just let us know, allright, and when you go hiking, make sure someone stays sober and has a gun, you never know. No go and have fun, allright?"

taitzu52

First Post
D20Dazza said:
"Hey Rod you got any CDs?"
Nothing you'd like.... he thinks. "Well, if you got a cable, you can use my iPod." he says, not counting on any one to have one, or to jump even if they did. "I got The Oxes, The Dwarves, The Cramps, Easy Action, Negative Approach, Pig Destroyer, Mastadon, Blowtops....." Rod rambles on. He goes on with his laundry list until someone shuts him up, or he gets bored. Obviously, he's trying to impress the group with 'bands they've never heard of', or waiting for someone to say, "Oh, The Cramps..." or "You listen to Johnny Cash?"
Nevertheless, he has no CDs. And now he's giving sideways looks to the guys loading beer in the back.

zantriel

First Post
Johnny nods at the sheriff, and turns to the red headed woman who spoke. “Excuse me Doctor, but I would like to point something out to you. I realize that you wish to protect your wolves but in your rush to release then into the wild you didn’t consider the repercussions. You just dropped a large number of predators into an established eco-system, and you clearly did it without establishing the means of balance ahead of time. If you had the wolves would not have gone through their food supply and moved onto the livestock here in town. Which by the way is the livelihood of those who own them, every cow killed takes food from there families, and therefore is theft. If you wish to keep the locals from hunting your wolves down, maybe you should take a portion of the funds you receive and reimburse those who lost livestock. That would most likely keep tempers calm till something better can be done.” When he is finished he sits back and waits for the oncoming verbal barrage.

DrZombie

First Post
zantriel said:
Johnny nods at the sheriff, and turns to the red headed woman who spoke. “Excuse me Doctor, but I would like to point something out to you. I realize that you wish to protect your wolves but in your rush to release then into the wild you didn’t consider the repercussions. You just dropped a large number of predators into an established eco-system, and you clearly did it without establishing the means of balance ahead of time. If you had the wolves would not have gone through their food supply and moved onto the livestock here in town. Which by the way is the livelihood of those who own them, every cow killed takes food from there families, and therefore is theft. If you wish to keep the locals from hunting your wolves down, maybe you should take a portion of the funds you receive and reimburse those who lost livestock. That would most likely keep tempers calm till something better can be done.” When he is finished he sits back and waits for the oncoming verbal barrage.

The Dr just looks at Johny. "My, my, my. Look who just finished high-school and allready figured out how the world works. If you had done any research, wich means reading something about a subject before you move your lips and an incredibly dumb sound emerges, you'd know that the gouvernement reimburses the farmers who's lifestock gets killed, and you'd realise that the ecosystem depends on wolves to work, wich is why we reintroduced them here. It's the humans that are the problem, not the wolves. Now, would you like to impress anyone else with your complete lack of knowledge or will you just let the grownups deal with this, little boy?"

zantriel

First Post
Johnny just smirks at her condescending remakes, “Ah yes Dr. the government does. In 1977 the Department of Farming Legislature authorized the Arkansas Department of Agriculture to reimburse livestock owners for losses caused by wolves, so In time yes they do but it normally takes six to eight months to for reimbursement, and by then the damage is done. Also, humans are part of the eco system here or have you forgotten a little thing called hunting licensing. A specific number of licenses are sold in this area each year in order to keep the heard low, and guess what when I applied for mine on-line I saw that the same number have been sold as there are every year. I didn’t have to do my homework, my grandfather was a farmer, and he talked about these things all the time.” He continues without giving her a chance to speak.
“Oh and one more thing Doctor, you know what else I read on the site? Arkansas still has a bounty on the heads of wolves. This doesn’t apply to those found in protected wildlife refuges, but these refuges are to be fenced and clearly marked. But anywhere else it does and seeing as how they have killed livestock, they are not in a refuge. But not to worry I love wolves and I think they are beautiful animals, so unless they become a danger to us you have nothing to worry about. The he decides to add one more thing.
“Plus Doctor throwing around insults and calling names really does not help you position it just makes you look childish.”

Remove ads