Curtains #3 - Problems of One's Own

Radiant

First Post
Jorgi Vadislav

Rybaer said:
Jorgi sends off the message to Fate, but can tell that it's sitting unanswered in his mail.

"You must lay off the speed, man," the guy tells Jorgi from his position floating above the street. He continues to speak only in Russian.

The man glances down at the street and Jorgi immediately sees that a parked car is rising off the pavement. With a casual flick of his eyes, the man sends it flying through the air in Jorgi's direction. Jorgi has no trouble dodging the missile and gets the sense that the guy did it just to see how Jorgi would react. The car crashes into a deserted bus stop half a block away.

"Former acquaintances of yours from the Motherland feel that you cost them a great deal of money," he continues. "I believe they will settle for three million American dollars. If you do not have the money, I've been inflict that much in pain upon you."

"Threemillion? DamnI'mgood."
Jorgi sighs then he reaches the answering machine.
Of course, my luck holds like allways...
"LookmanIdon'tgotthatwithmeininunmarkedbillsoftwentyorsomething.Sohowaboutyouletthegirlgoandcomedown.You'reputtingonashowhereandtheAmericansjustlovethatonthenews.Icangetanyamountofcash,theytoldyouwhatIcando, didn'tthey?Ijustneedsometime."
While he talks Jorgi tries to move under his girlfriend to catch her if he gets the chance. It's not very likely but he's trying at least.

Rybaer

First Post
Velmont said:
A cat is asking me to follow him... I don't like that. It wasn't the time for Gus to fall in trouble, I have enough of mine like that. I've two hour left... let's say one hour to get to the store... I've some time.

Lawrence starts to follow the cat. "Come on kitty. Lead me the way."

The cat leads the way through a number of alleys, ever deeper into the underbelly of the city. Finally, it stops at a stairway leading down to a single door. The cat makes sure Lawrence is still following, then it navigates through the rubbish down the steps and slips through a hole in the door at ground level.

Lawrence looks around and sees no signs of other people in the dark alley. All is quiet aside from the distance sounds of traffic. He cautiously follows down the steps.

The door is wood, layers of grime and paint peeling off. It has been chained shut and padlocked - both of which look remarkably clean and new compared with the surroundings.

The hole through which the cat disappeared is small...a little too small for a human to fit through. There is a considerable amount of wood shavings scattered about the ground in front of it. On further inspection, Lawrence finds that the hole is surrounded by claw marks. It would seem that one or more animals clawed a hole clear through the door - no small feat.

The cat can be heard meowing from somewhere inside.

Rybaer

First Post
Keia said:
"It probably couldn't hurt," Steven replied. "Allow me some time to gather some things together, make some phone calls, and . . . change out of my bath robe. Say perhaps two . . two and a half hours. Where are you staying . . . I can meet you there."

"Oh, we're not staying anywhere," Denise says. "We made the drive here this morning. It's a little less than three hours by car. We can drive you, or you can follow us...whatever you like. Nicole and I can go find breakfast or something to pass the time, if you can recommend a good place nearby."

Rybaer

First Post
Mimic said:
Granite sighs to himself, "leave it to intell to leave out the mutant lizard thing."

"I'm going to make a pair of shoes out of your hide." He taunts as he rushes in the close the gap between them attempting to grapple the creature.

Granite rushes the creature, which is all to eager to join in a close quarters fight. The lizard man is physically larger than Granite and much stronger than a human, but it's ultimately not near as strong as Granite. The lizard hisses in annoyance as it quickly loses the advantage in the grapple. It bites Granite on the face, but its fangs fail to penetrate his stony skin.

Rybaer

First Post
Radiant said:
"Threemillion? DamnI'mgood."
Jorgi sighs then he reaches the answering machine.
Of course, my luck holds like allways...
"LookmanIdon'tgotthatwithmeininunmarkedbillsoftwentyorsomething.Sohowaboutyouletthegirlgoandcomedown.You'reputtingonashowhereandtheAmericansjustlovethatonthenews.Icangetanyamountofcash,theytoldyouwhatIcando, didn'tthey?Ijustneedsometime."
While he talks Jorgi tries to move under his girlfriend to catch her if he gets the chance. It's not very likely but he's trying at least.

"Good, I'm glad to hear that you think you can get the money so easily," he says. "In that case, why don't you get another million as a sort of good-faith payment to insure that I leave the girl unmarked while we wait for you to deliver the goods."

He moves closer to Marie, and both of them continue to float higher in the air...keeping a healthy distance from Jorgi at all times.

"I give you three hours," he says with a chuckle. "Meet me high in the air above the Citystar Tower then to transfer the funds."

Velmont

First Post
Lawrence check around him again to make sure no one is looking. He then concentrate a moment and he feels his body fall apart. The swarm of spider slowly enter the building by the hole in the door. As he pass through the hole, he start to look around him, to see what could have done such damage to the door, and what the cat want him to see.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Fate HPs: 4/4, Wearing: Bath Robe of Might.

Denise said:
"Oh, we're not staying anywhere," Denise says. "We made the drive here this morning. It's a little less than three hours by car. We can drive you, or you can follow us...whatever you like. Nicole and I can go find breakfast or something to pass the time, if you can recommend a good place nearby."
Steven thought for a moment, considering the current income of the pair as well as the nearness of the location, and gave his recommendation.

"I'll let you know if I'm following you or just riding with you when I pick you up at the Breakfast Nook. It's a nice place, with a small attached shopping area," Steven replied. He stood and moved to the door, opening it, "I'll see you there?"

Mimic

First Post
Granite 4/4 status: fine

"Hey, no kissing on the first date, what type of man do you take me for?"

Granite will attempt to punch the lizard thing in the head while maintaining the grapple.

Rybaer

First Post
Velmont said:
Lawrence check around him again to make sure no one is looking. He then concentrate a moment and he feels his body fall apart. The swarm of spider slowly enter the building by the hole in the door. As he pass through the hole, he start to look around him, to see what could have done such damage to the door, and what the cat want him to see.

The swarm of spiders climbs easily through the hole in the door. The hallway beyond is poorly lit by a grime-encrusted exit sign hanging from the ceiling halfway down its length. The place is grungy and has the appearance of having been abandoned by all save a few squatters and underworlders.

The cat pauses, as if considering what to make of Lawrence's new form, but then continues down the hallway until it reaches a door that hangs partially open. The cat sits beside the door and waits.

Lawrence catches up and peeks inside. It is unlit, but he can make out a damaged old display rack up against one of the walls. A pair of man's legs stretch out from behind the rack, unmoving. Everything is deadly silent.

Rybaer

First Post
Keia said:
"I'll let you know if I'm following you or just riding with you when I pick you up at the Breakfast Nook. It's a nice place, with a small attached shopping area," Steven replied. He stood and moved to the door, opening it, "I'll see you there?"

The two women agree with Steven and take their leave to get a bite to eat.

"Well, that was certainly unexpected," Maggie says after Steven closes the door. "What do you think about all this...well...this story of theirs? And are you going to want me to tag along or stick around here and take care of business matters?"

Remove ads