Tales of the eldeen reaches

Bront

The man with the probe
Sulgar strains to listen in the background for any more chanting. "Perhaps Roral, being awake, only heard a little of the dream as if background noise?"

Stulgar shrugs "I'm sure you soldiers can appreciate the duty of following orders. We were told to stay here, so I think we should remain here."

"And yes Silver, it's time for our watch" he adds.

Bront

The man with the probe
"I think it's more likely the telling of a tail, or perhaps an attempt to recruit. Perhaps that's why we 6 were choses, because they felt we're the ones most likely to join the Gatekeepers."

Ozmar

First Post
"Scarfang asking us for help? That seems as likely as the seasons asking us to change the leaves of the trees. Still, if we know which direction the chanting lies, then I would agree with investigating. Carefully."

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
'Agreed. If Scarfang brought us out here because he thought he might need help in dealing with some monstrous creatures coming from beyond... he would have told us outright before he took off. It does him no good to communicate to us using some sort of weird dream in the hopes that we understand what he's implying. Especially since the dream gave no indication that one of those weapon-wielding animals was even him, nor where he currently is. How are we supposed to find him? Go out hiking and hope we find these standing stones on a lark? The chanting I heard was from everywhere and nowhere at the same time. I couldn't pinpoint it if I wanted to.'

Roral rolls his eyes.

'Nevermind the most important fact that if Scarfang was really coming out here this night to deal with creatures from another world... he wouldn't have brought *US*. Even I'm not so egotistical to think that I'd be a good choice for this assignment if that was the case. There are a lot more qualified folks back in the village to assist Scarfang if he needed a strong sword. Anders Marrilian for one... Stulgar's father for another... Umbra's entire family on his father's side are all qualified hunters and warriors... lot more qualified than me! Let's assume that Scarfang isn't so stupid that he'd leave them at home and bring us as back-up instead, hmm?'

He walks over and lays down on his bedroll to get ready for sleep.

Ferrix

Explorer
Umbra remains asleep, used to fitful dreams interupting the darkness of sleep that he prefers. Although those watching him notice his eyes flicker open occasionally, those penetrating yellow-green orbs split like a great cat's watching you as if from beyond before closing.

Ozmar

First Post
Silver sits down and wraps her cloak about her, taking up position to watch the campsite for the next few hours.

DrZombie

First Post
You find yourself waking in the morning sun. Those on last watch have put a kettle to boil, and the remains of the deer are roasting on the fire.

You wonder if yesterday's dream was a dream, when suddenly, without a noise, Scarfang appears from the bushes, accompagnied by two large, muscular shifters, a man and a woman, and a dire panther.

The relief you start to feel when you see his stern figure turns to ice in your stomach when you realise they are all hurt. The two shifters show makeshift bandages, and the dire panther sports a nast burn to his side. Scarfang's clothing is torn, and he walks with a severe limp, leaning on his staff.

Ozmar

First Post
Silver gets up as Scarfang approaches. She is apprehensive, and looks to the others to see how they react. She watches Scarfang closely, but doesn't say anything or approach him.

Ferrix

Explorer
For once Umbra's dreams weren't personal nightmares, this time they had some reflection in reality, he was about to open his mouth to speak but then shut it when he considered the other two shifters. His gaze falls upon the massive panther and a smile spreads across his face.

Remove ads