What would you change for d20 Modern 2.0

I would make a normal handgun, even a knife (if used right), be able to kill a 20th level character added somewhere in the rules; make the game a bit more lethal... :)

Also'll keep the PCs on their toes.

Psion

Adventurer
Nonlethal damage. D&D, Spycraft, or some other variant.

Autofire rules. I'd go to something like the d20 traveller variant or the Dragonstar/Arsenal/Deadlands variant. The latter was my old favorite, but the former was so easy to use, it's quickly winning me over. Whatever rules system adapted, armor must factor in to defense against it and you must be able to make better use of autofire features without a boatload of feats.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Eternal Knot Games said:
I would make a normal handgun, even a knife (if used right), be able to kill a 20th level character added somewhere in the rules; make the game a bit more lethal... :)

Also'll keep the PCs on their toes.

Well, a 9mm can already drop a 20th level character about one time in 200 in one shot... :) Could be worse, just by dropping the Massive Damage save to 10, instead of CON. Trust me, try that for ONE game and see how it flies.

danbuter

First Post
Get rid of the Wealth mechanic and replace it with monetary amounts (dollars, pounds, euros, whatever).
Expand the moreau info, because they are amazingly useful for either X-Files or Future campaigns.

takyris

First Post
Regarding making things more deadly, I've got a house rule-set that I use in pulp or noir-games that makes things a bit uglier when somebody has the drop on you, but not all the time:

- When a target is flat-footed or denied his Dexterity bonus, any hit threatens a critical hit, regardless of the normal critical threat range of the weapon.
- When a target is flat-footed or denied his Dexterity bonus, his Massive Damage Threshold is lowered by 10.

Put those together, and you still have normal combat, but if someone shoots you in the back while you're investigating a murder scene, you're in real danger.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Well, technically, it would make it d20 Core or something, but...

First, I'd drop the sample campaign settings, trim the existing bestiary, feats, and equipment lists down - the bestiary could be trimmed down merely my listing stat blocks for common creatures and cutting out unnecessary descriptions, the feats could be trimmed down by dropping some of the more over the top feats, and equipment.. well, hell, a few generic weapons (e.g., Large Caliber Handgun, Shotgun, Dagger) would be fine. Then...

I'd lump in small selections of equipment from Future, Past, Apocalypse, as well as the fantasy milieu. Then I'd cherry pick some feats, skills, and a few other rules from said supplements. Finally, I'd repackage the whole thing under a bright white hardcover with a boldly inked black and white d20 on the cover and the title 'd20 Core System' emblazoned below it.

And then, right about the time that hell freezes over, I'd die happy.

HeapThaumaturgist

First Post
I'm going to have to get into gear and write a product on the Wealth mechanic.

I've always found it to be the best, and most misunderstood, thing that came out of Modern.

I should have some time in December ... hrmmmm.

--fje

Remove ads