• Zombies

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • Shipwrecked

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • The Dark

Votes: 7 30.4%

dave_o

Explorer
Hola! :cool: Well, I'm back around ENWorld and even though it's finals time, it's crunch time for folks at work, and I'm running a Black Company d20 game IRL, there's nothin' like a PbP game to keep the ole' narrative skills sharp. So I'll run somethin'. But you pick! Choices are...

Rivets Eternal -- A steampunk setting of my own design, this would be a pulpy, cinematic romp using D&D 3.5e as well as Sorcery & Steam. The world includes, among other things, a balls-to-the-wall trade city run by intelligent undead, goblins influenced by Rastafarianism, and a huge world only partially mapped by the known intelligent races. For this I'd probably use action points.

A Fistful of Gilds -- Another one of my weird-assed ideas. Basically, take 1800s America (the wild west), make the Asian races Elves, Africans into Dwarves, and add magic along with the technology of the day. I'm not totally sure what firearms rules I'd be using but maybe Sorcery & Steam ones again. Probably will involve action points as well. Rules would mostly come from D&D 3.5e.

Does Anything Matter if You're Already Dead? -- PCs are zombies. Still debating if you'd make normal PCs with the zombie template applied and then keep your current INT score, or if I would make you start as commoner zombies with INT 3 before gaining class levels, who knows. Would be in a fantasy setting, though.

Shipwrecked -- In this game the PCs will be fresh off a shipwreck, on an uncharted coast, with very few usable things on their person. Could end up with fun roleplay, intense survivalism, or full-scale murder on the first page. Who knows. :D D&D 3.5e rules.

The Dark that Men Do -- Set in my own world of Eldram, this is sort of your standard D&D game with a few twists. Firstly, most of Eldram is dominated by an Empire which, among other things, deems all forms of magic heresy. No healing spells, you ask? Well, there's twist numero dos -- the classes of the only available classes are Barbarian, Fighter, Rogue, and Monk. And for the big fat twist -- we use Call of Cthulhu d20 sanity and magic rules.

Also I may toy with the idea of a rotating DM in the PbP (as in, I DM for a time, then one of the PCs DMs and I play, etc.). Who knows. I'm a crazy guy. But discuss here, ask me any questions you may have, pledge your allegance to being a PC in whatever game goes, and VOTE (in the thread)!

EDIT: I WILL ONLY BE COUNTING VOTES THAT ACTUALLY GET POSTED IN THE THREAD NOW SINCE I WOULD RATHER HAVE THE FOLKS WHO CARE ENOUGH TO POST IN THE THREAD IN MY GAME. :D SO IF YOU VOTED AND WERE REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THE GAME YOU VOTED FOR JUST POST HERE.

Last edited:

Eluvan

First Post
Oooh! This looks exciting. So many fun choices. :D

Conceptually, I agree with bront that the first two games sound really cool. The last one, too, I like a lot. The problem with them, though, is that I don't have access to the Sorcery and Steam or Call of Cthulhu d20 rules so, disappointingly, I guess those games are ruled out for me.

However... the Shipwrecked idea could also be pretty damn cool. I'm envisaging a kinda fantasy version of Lost. :p

So if you happen to settle on that plan, count me in! Otherwise... I'm not enamoured of the zombie idea, and I couldn't play the other games, so I'd just have to wish you luck and bow out. :)

dave_o

Explorer
Eluvan said:
Oooh! This looks exciting. So many fun choices. :D

Conceptually, I agree with bront that the first two games sound really cool. The last one, too, I like a lot. The problem with them, though, is that I don't have access to the Sorcery and Steam or Call of Cthulhu d20 rules so, disappointingly, I guess those games are ruled out for me.

However... the Shipwrecked idea could also be pretty damn cool. I'm envisaging a kinda fantasy version of Lost. :p

So if you happen to settle on that plan, count me in! Otherwise... I'm not enamoured of the zombie idea, and I couldn't play the other games, so I'd just have to wish you luck and bow out. :)

C'mon now, not having copies of the books isn't a problem. I can help you out with any info you'd need. 'Sides, in a Call of Cthulhu d20 game it's more scary if you don't have the book.

Eluvan

First Post
Hehe, okay.

In that case subtract one vote from the Shipwrecked game and add it to Fistful of Gilds. My partiality to the Wild West is shining through, and since nobody ever runs Deadlands I need a fix.

Failing that though I'd love to play in Rivets too. You had me at 'rasta goblins'. :lol:

doghead

thotd
Yeah, the rasta goblins got my attention as well. Personally, I like the idea of Hobgoblins to the east, and elves in Africa. Perhaps dwarves in England. With the weather there, who would want to live above ground.

My other vote was for Fistful of Gilds. I have (had) a character in one fantasy western game, and it has been (was) a blast (its gone kinda quiet recently, unfortunately)

Becca Bot

First Post
Nooo. ZOMBIES is winning! You guys don't know how much trouble you're in for with zombies... We don't get to be super heroes, remember! And we'll probably be level 1.. Whimperrrr. My luck and they'll be fast runners with Cthulhu d20 sanity rules.

Also, there are only five people in this thread and zombies has six. Just an interesting note. If you vote, post some opinions!

Remove ads