• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Itchin' to run somethin' -- you pick!

Which game?!

• Rivets Eternal

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • A Fistful of Gilds

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Zombies

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • Shipwrecked

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • The Dark

Votes: 7 30.4%

dave_o

Explorer
Jdvn1 said:
Doesn't it matter that the important people voted for Zombies? :uhoh:

Well, whatever wins, if you wanna play a zombie I can probably work it out. Though you'd better have yer roleplay fingers* ready.

*Not to be confused with spirit fingers.**

**Unless you're playing a ghost.

Bront

The man with the probe
Jdvn1 said:
Doesn't it matter that the important people voted for Zombies? :uhoh:
I did not :p

Undead never realy thrilled me. Zombies was probably the least interesting of the games up. With Gilds and Rivits being pretty close to being tied for the top. I remember reading about someone's alternate earth with magic and other races, which I thought was cool, and steampunk fantasy has always intrigued me.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
dave_o said:
Well, whatever wins, if you wanna play a zombie I can probably work it out. Though you'd better have yer roleplay fingers* ready.

*Not to be confused with spirit fingers.**

**Unless you're playing a ghost.
Especially if everyone else is playing a Ghostbuster.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Bront said:
My point exactly. I know the two people who voted Zombie.
Bront said:
Undead never realy thrilled me. Zombies was probably the least interesting of the games up. With Gilds and Rivits being pretty close to being tied for the top.
Gilds is actually my second choice, but I thought a Good party of Undead would provide interesting roleplaying opportunities... "Not quite dead, not quite alive... why am I working for good? There must be some objective force that compels me to do so..."

dave_o

Explorer
Bront said:

Undead never realy thrilled me. Zombies was probably the least interesting of the games up. With Gilds and Rivits being pretty close to being tied for the top. I remember reading about someone's alternate earth with magic and other races, which I thought was cool, and steampunk fantasy has always intrigued me.

I did run a short-lived game of my Wild West/Fantasy setting a while back. So maybe you're thinking of that?

Rivets Eternal is sort of my baby since A) I'm working with a semi-well known comic book artist to write a Rivets Eternal comic, (shhh. :p ), and B) I think it's the best setting I've created. But my Wild West setting is fun as hell too. So really it all depends. We'll see Friday.

I hope more people post with thoughts cuz I really plan on having this game last the long haul (like these games on ENWorld that are in like part four, five, ad infinitum). So I want some real thought to go into it.

Becca Bot

First Post
doghead said:
Likewise.

thotd

Yay! Friend-listed. And I swear I'm not "spamming" to get more posts.

Also, he said the poll closes Friday but I don't think he meant he's running then. We've got another game then.

Last edited:

D20Dazza

Explorer
G'day,

Rivets sounds like great fun. I'm already in an undead campaign, skeletonquest, so I'm less interested in Anything Matter?

Cheers

Daz

dave_o

Explorer
OFFICAL TALLY (since we're only counting people who care enough to post now): Rivets -- 5, Fistful -- 5, Zombies --2, Shipwrecked -- 0, Dark -- 1.

Uh-oh, looks like steampunk and wild west are tied. ;) And to clarify I'll be posting the character creation thread for whatever wins on Friday and then start the game when I get enough good submissions.

Bront

The man with the probe
dave_o said:
I did run a short-lived game of my Wild West/Fantasy setting a while back. So maybe you're thinking of that?

Rivets Eternal is sort of my baby since A) I'm working with a semi-well known comic book artist to write a Rivets Eternal comic, (shhh. :p ), and B) I think it's the best setting I've created. But my Wild West setting is fun as hell too. So really it all depends. We'll see Friday.

I hope more people post with thoughts cuz I really plan on having this game last the long haul (like these games on ENWorld that are in like part four, five, ad infinitum). So I want some real thought to go into it.
It might have been you. There was a story hour on it, and I remember making a few suggestions as to what to do when the DM was asking in the general thread. I'm not sure it was you though, as how you have the races drawn out seems a bit different. But it could have been.

Edit: It was Silver Moon's game.

Last edited:

Remove ads