• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Itchin' to run somethin' -- you pick!

Which game?!

• Rivets Eternal

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • A Fistful of Gilds

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Zombies

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • Shipwrecked

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • The Dark

Votes: 7 30.4%

dave_o

Explorer
NEW TALLY: Rivets -- 6, Fistful -- 7, Zombies -- 3, Shipwrecked -- 0, Dark -- 2.

And yah, after making the poll I realized my mistake in that I only really care about the votes of people who bother to post in the thread (and will thus bother to post in my game). Fistful is winning only by a slim margin of one vote. Uh-oh. :D

LogicsFate

First Post
JonnyFive said:
but..... there are only 3 votes for fistful..... i'm confused :p ah well ichange my vote from zombies to fistful :p

I voted for zombies, and the later as I was posting the Fistful of Gilds grew on me

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
doghead said:
Weird.

Zombies is winning the voting, but no one seems to want to own up to voting for it.

thotd
Did you miss when I was rooting for zombies? :confused:

dave_o

Explorer
Here's something else to discuss while I bash my skull in with end-of-semester crap -- usually, PbP games are written pretty much like prose. Both DM and PCs post basically what amounts to little bits of short fiction with rules questions and stuff as footnotes or whatever. Or the rules questions just live in the meta thread.

In any case, that is all cool and what have you. But, like another PbP I ran here for a while, I did it a little differently. I basically wrote up posts like a screenplay, with camera directions, dialogue, etc. Now obviously I was a little more discriptive than your average screenplay, but it did serve to give the game a weird, and also cinematic feel.

So, would that be cool? And if so, should only the DM posts be written up like screenplay or should both DM and PC posts be like that?

I, personally, think all the posts should be like that but DISCUSS. :D

Eluvan

First Post
Might be interesting. :)

I'm a big fan of prose writing, but of course I get to do that in a lot of other PbP games. I'd quite like the chance to try something different, and this does sound like a good idea.

Becca Bot

First Post
Jdvn1 said:
Did you miss when I was rooting for zombies? :confused:

Drrf. Settle down. He probably meant OF THE PEOPLE WHO DIDN'T POST but voted zombies, none of them owned up to it. Which is true. And therefore, sadly, their opinions do not matter, as people who post recieve priority.

dave_o said:
DAVE'S WORDS HERE.

I vote for DM -AND- player posts being as cinematic and art-fruity as possible, but only because I have that ability. The more description, the better. And if you're all good little boys and bo--.. Well, good boys, I may try to comission some sort of scene from our little 'play' to an artist I think does comissions and is very, very good!

So, one vote down, ten million anonymous ones to come. :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads