General Discussion Thread IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patlin

Explorer
Jdvn1 said:
So you know, I was waiting for a judge to tell me that it's okay if I fix the gold amount.

I'm OK with restoring your character to fix the crash regardless of whether it's gold, xp, or levels. Is that what you are asking?

Bront

The man with the probe
I wrote up that ranger/paladin feat. I think it looks pretty cool, and adds a bit of flavor by making your animal companion your special mount (technicaly before you may have gotten either power, but that's besides the point)

I have a 10 level PrC I'm tempted to flavor up for LEW and submit here as well. We'll see how that goes.

doghead

thotd
Saw that Bront. Looks interesting. The character obviously has to multi-class before they take the feat, which allows them to switch freely in and out of paladin, if I am reading it right.

I have a question though. Jaan has TWF (and TWD). Given that, when it came to combat style, he would have to take the archery route I suppose.

thotd

Bront

The man with the probe
Yup. Though that would be a problem if you went Paladin/Ranger anyway.

Nothing wrong with having both in your repitoir. Makes you that much more a complete warrior.

And yes, the multi-class to get into it was intentional. Much like the others. I built it so you would need to be a Ranger/Paladin of level 5 total. It was rough too because some of the ranger abilities are also druid abilities. That's also why the effective level of the special mount is listed as using only your ranger class.

doghead

thotd
Nothing wrong with having both in your repitoir. Makes you that much more a complete warrior.

True, but at the cost of perfomance in one or the other. I must admit that at the moment, I have mixed feeling about Jaan. I like the concept, but wonder if I would have been better off with a Ranger mechanically. I would really like to see him in action. So far he as only ever fought stirges, twice. Yeah yeah, I know, Level three and that is all he has fought. I hate stirges and have vowed never to inflict them upon any of my players.

thotd

Bront

The man with the probe
I'm generaly in favor of humanoid baddies, mostly because they're a bit more supprising as a player for most people (I know too many people who memorize monster manuals)

doghead

thotd
Don't have to worry about that on my account. I have to look up my monsters every new round. I don't even know what the numberss are for a stirge.

I like humanoid monsters as well. I like the potential for them to come back again, and again, if not dealt with the first time. My npc's will generally try to escape, or even surrender, before they die.

thotd

Rystil Arden

First Post
doghead said:
Don't have to worry about that on my account. I have to look up my monsters every new round. I don't even know what the numberss are for a stirge.

I like humanoid monsters as well. I like the potential for them to come back again, and again, if not dealt with the first time. My npc's will generally try to escape, or even surrender, before they die.

thotd
Lasair has only spent one round in combat vs bandits and then two rounds against a boar so far, and she's reasonably close to level 3 :D

By the way, much as I also hate stirges for their ability draining annoyance, I hate anything that has energy or ability drain and is incorporeal more--especially if this one has Spring Attack!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads