General Discussion Thread IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bront

The man with the probe
*Waves his "Genuine Immitation Judges Wand"TM at KO*

I now grant you *counts on his fingers* 5 GM credits. :)

Patlin

Explorer
Guide To Living EN World said:
The new character starts two levels lower than the retired one, and has the appropriate starting wealth for that level. However, the character may not buy items that cost more than 1/5 of his starting wealth, with the exception of equipment found in the PHB (the Equipment file of the SRD) and potions (in the Magic Items IV file of the SRD).

At the risk of KO pointing out I'm missing something...

I think the above quote is out of date. Didn't we pass a proposal changing it so that if you retire a character you may start a new charact one level lower, rather than 2 levels lower?

doghead

thotd
Patlin said:
Didn't we pass a proposal changing it so that if you retire a character you may start a new character one level lower, rather than 2 levels lower?

Yeah, something along those lines.

Manzanita, did you ever get around to proposing a LA/stat bonus trade off?

thotd

Manzanita

First Post
doghead said:
Yeah, something along those lines.

Manzanita, did you ever get around to proposing a LA/stat bonus trade off?

thotd

I didn't. And sadly, that entire thread in the House rules forum was lost in the data crash. I wasn't feeling in a rush about it b/c no one had yet retired, or even seemed to have seriously considered it. There was also a lack of concensus about how much ability score bonus is worth an LA +1 or +2. If you're interested, I'll put together a proposal. I have some notes.

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
I know that I'll probably be retiring ao'Thuir when he is done his current adventure (if he doesnt get himself killed first).

Patlin

Explorer
Erekose13 said:
I know that I'll probably be retiring ao'Thuir when he is done his current adventure (if he doesnt get himself killed first).

I had thought about retiring Tor in favor of a Druid, but with the changes to Polymorph (and thus Wildshape, particularly the inability to benefit from items) I'm not so sure. Since that's official erratta, I take it it applies to LEW, right?

doghead

thotd
Heheh. I have also thought about retiring Jaan and putting together something more ... co-ordinated. I quite like the idea of a stat boosted character. Good for the MAD classes. Another paladin anyone?

thotd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads