General Discussion Thread IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

doghead

thotd
Erekose13 said:
I know that I'll probably be retiring ao'Thuir when he is done his current adventure (if he doesnt get himself killed first).

Well, failed this time. But still got some time :)

I'd be disappointed to see aoo'Thuir go. I really like the sound of the Ghost Tribe elves. Do you have any background on them Erekose? I think LEW needs more setting flavour, tribes, cultures, things like that. Not with crunch, just flavour, like smooth peanut butter.

thotd

Erekose13

Explorer
With an great adventure that is actually moving at quite a clip I am getting more attached to him. I am leaning towards retirement because his first two adventures took so long and yeilded little (Jaan was the only character who has been around as long and advanced as little). That and I do want to try out the LA races available in the setting (like half-giants :)).

The ghost tribe originally came from an idea I had about a small number of wild elf tribes living in a frontier area to the north. Strong tribal relations decreed that any elf left alive after an entire tribe was wiped out became an outcast, a member of the Ghost tribe so to speak. So ao'Thuir is from a deceased tribe and has been wandering the lands looking to join his family in honourable death (thus his rather suicidal outlook). I've only written a tiny bit about these elves in his background though.

doghead

thotd
Erekose13 said:
With an great adventure that is actually moving at quite a clip I am getting more attached to him.

Thanks. Its always nice to get some feedback in pbp. Good feedback is especially nice. We came off the boil a bit after the crash, but I am hoping to crank up the gas again.

Erekose13 said:
I am leaning towards retirement because his first two adventures took so long and yeilded little (Jaan was the only character who has been around as long and advanced as little). That and I do want to try out the LA races available in the setting (like half-giants :)).

Yeah, I know the feeling. Hopefully Jaan's career should take off a bit with his current adventure. And perhaps I will feel differently after it is concluded.

Erekose13 said:
The ghost tribe originally came from an idea I had about a small number of wild elf tribes living in a frontier area to the north. Strong tribal relations decreed that any elf left alive after an entire tribe was wiped out became an outcast, a member of the Ghost tribe so to speak. So ao'Thuir is from a deceased tribe and has been wandering the lands looking to join his family in honourable death (thus his rather suicidal outlook). I've only written a tiny bit about these elves in his background though.

Would there be that many cases of whole tribes being wiped out? I like the idea of a clan comprising of outcasts though. Perhaps dedicted to somehow attoning for whatever casused them to be cast out. Taking a front line role in defending the other clans could be a significant part of that attonement.

thotd

Bront

The man with the probe
Erekose13 said:
Fluff proposals are just as needed as mechanical ones, if not more so. You should try to put a little more of them togeather. I know I've used the Freefolk in an adventure and a character, as has 1 other character, not sure if more people have, I'm also going to be using Rheim soon.

Of course, I'm trying not to have too many proposals out at any one time, I have 2 out there at the moment, both are a bit mechanicaly daunting, so I understand they might take a while, though one might give Jaan something to think about as far as advancement.

El Jefe

First Post
Count 'em up

Adventure Niobe's Delema (Judge Needed)
Adventure The Tournament of Flowers, Part II [Orsal Judging]
Adventure HO1 - Forgotton Cellar (Knight Otu Judging)
Adventure HO2 - House Cleaning (El Jefe Judging)
Adventure A Clash of Earth and Sea (El Jefe Judging)
Adventure Slaves of the Dragon (orsal judging)
Adventure M4: Under the Volcano [Nimisgod judging]
Adventure R2: Rats in a Maze [Manzanita judging]
Adventure Wizard and Cook [Manzanita judging]
Adventure D2: Lost Manor (nimisgod judging)
Adventure Ransom for Retirement (El Jefe Judging)
Adventure di Senzio's Tournement: Subscription
Adventure (Adventure) Immortality Awakens (Knight Otu Judging)
Adventure Exploring the Hase-Suna Complex (Manzanita judging)
Adventure IA: A Teacher for Laynie
Adventure D1: Ashin's Commission
Adventure The Dance of Souls
Adventure E1: Tomb of Chaos [Judge: Patlin]
Adventure The Stuff of Dreams (Orsal Judging)
Adventure Fort Knocks - knight otu judging

I know that Dance of Souls is, for all purposes, concluded, but by my count, that's still 20 active or nearly active adventures. Living EnWorld Lives!

Animus

Explorer
Hey Gnomeworks (or whomever else can answer this),

Are the Delmontes Technique feats fighter feats as well? If so, there is no indication that they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads