Palladium?

Falkus

Explorer
Pity. I was kinda hoping they'd go out of business. Then maybe Rifts would have ended up in the hands of someone actually capable of writing a good system for an interesting setting.

Crothian

First Post
glass said:
It was quite a lot like that for a while. Did KS's resucue plan actually work?

They are still asking for help, a few books got delayed but the overall feeling they are sending out is they are going to make it. They aren't out of the woods yet though.

the Jester

Legend
Wow, lots of Palladium-hate here.

Though I personally don't dig on the Palladium system, or (from what I have heard) approve of Kevin S' style of running a company, I do love the Rifts world and some of the cool stuff in PFRP. Then again, I've never bought any of it...

Anyhow, I hope they make it through this tough time. Diversity in the gaming environment can only be a good thing, imnsho.

mcrow

Explorer
It's always funny how people who have never met KS and form their opinion of him based on what other say on forums. :confused:

I know a few people that have met/worked with Kevin and they all said he is very nice guy. Sure, he can be harsh when it comes to business but you have to decisive when your running a company(even if the decisions don't work out).

And why is it whenever someone brings up Palladium everyone who hates the company shows up and does nothing but ruin the thread? :\

Calico_Jack73

First Post
I honestly never thought that the Palladium system was all that bad. Compared to 3.XE D&D it seems a bit dated but when I had my first exposure to it with the Robotech RPG I thought it was light years better than 1e AD&D. It is still one of the few systems that I've encountered where you can play a front line swordsman who can survive by the skill of his sword arm and not wear any armor. Try pulling that off in D&D with just the base classes and rules even now and you'll have a very dead swordsman. I also loved the fact that there was a system to reflect that armor became damaged and needed to be repaired. Even if you were wearing full plate you'd still try to parry incoming blows with your shield. Replacing shields is cheap, replacing full plate armor... not so much.

If only Palladium would add a system for multi-classing and something like feats to vary up the individual classes and I'd leave D&D and be back to playing Palladium in an instant. :cool:

(Do you hear me Kevin? It is time for a system overhaul!)

Remove ads