Curtains Ch.04 - Shell Games

Velmont

First Post
"Well, I'll find a way in. There is not that much security that I can't pass through. What do you think of that?" asks Lawrence to his companions.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Fate (HP:5) In uniform, no active powers

Fate scanned over the buiulding as well as glancing at the nearby buildings, their respective heights and proximity to each other. After listening to Lawrence's idea, Fate replied, "The 46th floor . . . flight might be a better option. Perhaps a quick flight up the outside of the building and breaking a window to get in . . . Soundtrack can dampen the noise. From there you can explore and we'll be that much closer when you need us."

Rybaer

First Post
Keia said:
Fate scanned over the buiulding as well as glancing at the nearby buildings, their respective heights and proximity to each other.

The Watchtower is a 58 story building. On two sides, the tallest neighboring buildings aren't more than 12 stories each. On the remaining sides are a 30 and 45 story tall building. Assume that there is approximately 150' between the buildings, accounting for width of the streets and easement.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Fate (HP:5) In uniform, no active powers

"While I concur that the flyer might be an issue, the time lost in your exploration and waiting for a response could give them the time they need to complete their plans or escape," Fate offered. He looked to the others, seeing if anyone else had a suggestion. If not, Fate was prepared to fly everyone up to the 46th floor . . . or at least the 44th floor - so that it would be less likely that they would be seen.

hero4hire

Explorer
Kombat squints up at the building. "If they are looking out coming from the street will be seen. I am seeing blindspot however.."

OOC: Knowledge Tactics for Stealth roll to move forces.

Rybaer

First Post
hero4hire said:
OOC: Knowledge Tactics for Stealth roll to move forces.

Someone looking down from the 46th floor probably can't even see the street immediately around the building because of the steepness of the angle. Add to that the smattering of trees, the confusion of the cops and news vans, and the people being hustled out of the building, the odds of being spotted and/or identified at street level are almost nil. From the side of the building, you could fly straight up with no chance of being seen (at least from inside the building).

Now, if they posted a spotter(s) in an adjacent building or on ground level (both tactically smart moves in Kombat's mind), you've probably already been identified. :)

edit: So, automatic success against anyone high up in the Watchtower. Likely have already failed against any other spotter.

Last edited:

Mimic

First Post
Thomas gets out of the vehicle and he takes a quick scan of the area, searching for choke points, snipers and possible ambush areas, a habit he picked up in the army but still usefull none the less.

He listens as the others discuss what they should do and how they should do it. "Not to sound all mother hen but the longer we take the more entrenched they are going to be." He says as he shifts to his granite form.

ooc: Sorry for the dissapearing act, work and life has been very distracting of late.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
"So . . . then to summarize, they either haven't seen us yet, or have already spotted us, right?" Fate intrepretted. "Then let's head right up . . . soundwave, cancel the sound of our entrance. Granite, pop the glass when we get up there. Gentleman, hold on until you climb into the window, you let go and I can't help you"

Fate looked ot Soundwave and Kombat, "Neither of you fly, correct?" Fate inquired.

After finding out if they can fly on their own, Fate extended his hands and uttered words of power. Once those who couldn't fly on their own grasped them, Fate accelerated upward to the 46th floor.

OOC: Flight, Affects Others. Probably 4 ranks of flight with affects others. Using a HP to elim the fatigue.

Remove ads