Viridian Plague OOC 2, orphaned by Keia

Rystil Arden

First Post
Nephtys said:
Rescued? How embarrassing... ;). I suppose her dragon cohort is also imprisoned. Either way, Corivared is too limited to be a good substitute.
Looking at Slagg in the RG I see he has an intelligence of 8, equivalent to an IQ of 80 which is only borderline retarded, meaning that in my view he's been portrayed as a bit too stupid so far. People with an IQ of 80 are usually able to function independently in society, even to manage jobs on a basic level without constant supervision.
So, I'll play Slagg, and I'll keep his personality and loyalties intact, but I'll play him just a little bit smarter.

-

Alexia can cast Comprehend Languages, and her buter knows Seelie, so she should still be able to take part in conversation. Though maybe she could swap one of her less important languages for Seelie. Which of the followinglanguages (except Infernal and Draconic) is the most obscure?

Valsian, Altanian, Eldish, Mojin, High Praetorian, Draconic, Infernal.
Looking at Slagg in the RG I see he has an intelligence of 8, equivalent to an IQ of 80 which is only borderline retarded, meaning that in my view he's been portrayed as a bit too stupid so far. People with an IQ of 80 are usually able to function independently in society, even to manage jobs on a basic level without constant supervision.
So, I'll play Slagg, and I'll keep his personality and loyalties intact, but I'll play him just a little bit smarter.

I hate the IQ comparison, and it is almost never even remotely accurate (except maybe very very close to 10), but you are indeed correct that Slagg isn't that dumb. He's somewhat smart for a Tralg. Keep in mind that the Tralg race states that they can be basically functional in their usual role of Raiders even at average Int (and Slagg is smarter than many Tralg). The Tralg Int penalty reflects, rather, the near-inability to become a maverick who breaks out of their cultural mould, which is that whoever is stronger deserves what they can take. This isn't necessarily a greedy Chaotic Evil attitude in all cases--if a Tralg is raiding with a Narlseman and they are beaten by a brave and powerful defender, the Tralg will stop his comrade from trying to attack the victor from behind or something like that (unleashed may have some of this in his compilation?). Anyways, Slagg has managed to break a bit from traditional Tralg viewpoints to about what you see. As for his recent behaviour, well I'll send you the extra notes about that :D

Yeah, you can level up Slagg. I gave him 0 RP XP and a peanlty for dropping out of the game, so he actually didn't level, but he's so very close that I'll bump him up for you :)

As for Alexia, well assuming she is successfully saved (which she might not be and it might not be for a while, but she'll be pretty safe from death at least), she may have the choice to level in something unusual, so don't level her just yet.

Sorry for the long post!

Rystil Arden

First Post
But High Praetorian is probably a big language in aristocratic circles, since it's the language of the Roman elite.(?)

High Praetorian is definitely a big language among aristocratic circles in the Praetorian Empire. However, many of those circles are on the capital planet, which doesn't allow foreigners to visit. There definitely are still places to use the language though, but it isn't as common as Vulgar Praetorian. Unleashed can tell you about the time BS's got into a fight with everyone in DI because his character refused to learn anything but High Praetorian, despite the fact that it wouldn't allow him to speak with but two people on the ship in which he was travelling.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
RA,

I managed to tear up my shoulder on Saturday and unfortunately I've only got a limited amount of typing available in it at any one time. Annoyingly, work seems to want most of that typing (go figure). Anyway, posting will be light for me until I can get off the anti-inflamitories, pain-killers, and muscle relaxants.

My apologies,
Keia

Rystil Arden

First Post
Keia said:
RA,

I managed to tear up my shoulder on Saturday and unfortunately I've only got a limited amount of typing available in it at any one time. Annoyingly, work seems to want most of that typing (go figure). Anyway, posting will be light for me until I can get off the anti-inflamitories, pain-killers, and muscle relaxants.

My apologies,
Keia
No problem. Work and real life both definitely come first :) So unless you can type with the other hand or something, get your rest--we'll still be here :)

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Not so good with the one hand typing thing . . . so posts will likely be smaller as a result. Definitely as it gets later in the evening and the wear and tear from the day are worse.

Keia

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Nephtys]Yep--you may have noticed some talk about secondary effects and how Trayah oozes yellow ichor and Obscurity's vision is obscured. Slagg has his own problems--his form has become hunched, and among other things, he now has serious trouble speaking intelligibly without badly slurring his words. He's quite embarrassed about this and he doesn't want people to find out and think he's even dumber than they think he is now, so he's been trying not to talk unless he must. Also, sometimes he gets really angry, although that isn't completely new as a Raider and a Gladiator, but it is sometimes more intense now.[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads