Viridian Plague OOC 2, orphaned by Keia

Keia

I aim to misbehave
RA,

What sources are available for spell selection for Animist in VP. I know it's Druid/Ranger, but I was wondering what books were available. Thanks!!

Keia

Rystil Arden

First Post
Keia said:
RA,

What sources are available for spell selection for Animist in VP. I know it's Druid/Ranger, but I was wondering what books were available. Thanks!!

Keia
PH only unless you pay to meditate and expand your spells known to include a few from another book. I might allow one-for-one swaps if they have a good flavour reason.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Rystil Arden said:
PH only unless you pay to meditate and expand your spells known to include a few from another book. I might allow one-for-one swaps if they have a good flavour reason.

What is the cost we're talking about here for a 1st level spell?

Current spell list looks like:
0th: Cure Minor Wounds x2, Create Water, Purify Food and Drink

1st: Cure Light Wounds x2, Hide from Animals

Rystil Arden

First Post
Keia said:
What is the cost we're talking about here for a 1st level spell?

Current spell list looks like:
0th: Cure Minor Wounds x2, Create Water, Purify Food and Drink

1st: Cure Light Wounds x2, Hide from Animals
The same as the cost for a Wizard, except spent in special incenses to meditate. Also, you have to research the spell, have a divine scroll, or have someone who knows share the secrets with you as normal.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Rystil Arden said:
The same as the cost for a Wizard, except spent in special incenses to meditate. Also, you have to research the spell, have a divine scroll, or have someone who knows share the secrets with you as normal.

bleh ;) , so there's no divine granting, sacrifices made and the like. It's pretty much exactly like wizards? I'll just stick with the basics then. Not much place for researching in the current environment.

Keia

Rystil Arden

First Post
Keia said:
bleh ;) , so there's no divine granting, sacrifices made and the like. It's pretty much exactly like wizards? I'll just stick with the basics then. Not much place for researching in the current environment.

Keia
The flavour is divine granting and sacrifices made, but the GP cost and requirements are the same--the divine classes already get the leg up with the full PH spell list and no spellbook needed once they add spells, so it would hardly be fair to give them new spells more easily, at least in my opinion.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
And your opinion is what counts in this regard. :) :) I'm fine with it, the time requirements was one of the questions. But so long as we're forced to PHB only that means the bad guys are too right? ;) :)

Keia

Rystil Arden

First Post
Keia said:
And your opinion is what counts in this regard. :) :) I'm fine with it, the time requirements was one of the questions. But so long as we're forced to PHB only that means the bad guys are too right? ;) :)

Keia
Right--any bad guy divine casters will have paid for non-core spells on their list out of their treasure funds ;)

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Rystil Arden said:
Right--any bad guy divine casters will have paid for non-core spells on their list out of their treasure funds ;)

So we lose treasure too!!! :) ;) Plus bad guys always have more time on their hands than the good guys do !! :)

Remove ads