Detail Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rystil Arden

First Post
The Eberron planar/calendar tool is a great fit for this.

Hey, that is useful. It also convinces me that we need to make our time advance more quickly (though not necessarily give out craft days that quickly) if we want to actually see any of these guys except Lamannia and maybe Irian or Fernia. Of course, if we go to fast, the quickly-shifting planes are going to wind up being coterminous for only 1 day, so we'll have to decide what to do. Maybe we can say that time advances on this calendar at 10x normal speed, but Remote and Coterm periods last 1 week real time minimum. Either way, this calendar makes it easy on the judges to do this.

drothgery

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
Finally, for subraces--one final plea to make the Aerenal elves represented with the Gray Elf stats from the MM. It justs seems like a better fit to me.

What about the Aerenal is sufficiently different from PHB elves to justify giving them different stats? Valenar, well, I don't see warrior races with a Con penalty, but they don't get different stats in the ECS, so there we are.

Bront

The man with the probe
I'm not big either way on the Aerenal elf thing. I think it's probably ok to just leave the elves be, because otherwise we'll have to account for all the subraces. We can still allow them without saying X elves are type Y. Who would be wood elves? How about Wild elves?

Rystil Arden

First Post
drothgery said:
What about the Aerenal is sufficiently different from PHB elves to justify giving them different stats? Valenar, well, I don't see warrior races with a Con penalty, but they don't get different stats in the ECS, so there we are.
The Aerenal elves immerse themselves in studies of magic, whereas the PH elf, despite the Wizard Favoured Class, are much less focused in that path. Compared to the flavour text on the Gray Elves, the Aerenal elves match better, and the ability mods are more in line as well. I have an Aerenal Elf Warlock who uses the Gray Elf stats, and it's been working out great so far.

Erekose13

Explorer
I'd let Aerenal elves choose (Valenar can choose to be wood elves if they want). Does that sound like an acceptable alternative? Players can choose to play one of the subraces if they want. There are ways to explain even Aerenal wild elves.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Erekose13 said:
I'd let Aerenal elves choose (Valenar can choose to be wood elves if they want). Does that sound like an acceptable alternative? Players can choose to play one of the subraces if they want. There are ways to explain even Aerenal wild elves.
I think that'd be fair too.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Just one major point: Only "standard" variants can express dragonmarks, RAW*. Subraces can express aberrant marks, however.

* I think this is in the ECS; I know it is in the Player's Guide and the D&D FAQ.

Ferrix

Explorer
Just tossing out there that I have been following this since the original poll and would be definately interested in helping the development, playing, judging and DMing if you all would have me.

Ringmereth

First Post
As Ferrix, I've been keeping an eye on this for a while. It sounds like it's coming together nicely, and I'd like to have some part in it. However, I've never played in a Living... campaign, and I'm not quite following how this craft days/time advancement thing works. Does it mean setting a definite ratio of real-world time to game time for adventures, or (as the "craft days" would imply) just how much downtime between adventures the characters have in a real-world span of time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads