Detail Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bront

The man with the probe
Not realy.

If I roll X, I'll use my AP.

If I fail a save by less than X, I'll use a AP

You have to be a bit proactive, but you can use them.

Bront

The man with the probe
Other issue (And reason to not allow starting above 3rd).

Item creation. Should we allow retroactive creation? Use an adjusted discount system? Allow creators to start lower in level in order to use XP to create an item?

Personaly, I think that other than the xp reserve of the Artifacer, we should be weary of allowing pregen crafting (and require craft points to be spent in order to do so)

Erekose13

Explorer
True enough on the ap thing.

pregen crafting should only apply to the artificer, and only for lost points due to his class. all others can continue to benefit greatly from taking craft feats for the future.

RobotRobotI

First Post
Why are the XPH races disallowed?

Doesn't the Eberron book say flat out that everything that is published for 3.5 (by WotC) has a place in Eberron somewhere?

Bront

The man with the probe
RobotRobotI said:
Why are the XPH races disallowed?

Doesn't the Eberron book say flat out that everything that is published for 3.5 (by WotC) has a place in Eberron somewhere?
Too crowded at that point in my opinion, and it would muddle up the Kalashtar plots in my opinion.

Half-giant, does that even fit?

Elan, too Kalashtar like.

The others are just kinda alien to me. We haven't had any of them takin in LEW, and we're closing in on 300+ characters.

RobotRobotI

First Post
The #1 point in 'Things You Need To Know About Eberron' is 'If it exists in D&D, then it has a place in Eberron.' Further along, it specifies the PHB, DMG, and MM in particular, but does that nullify the previous statement?

Beyond that, it's obvious that the XPH was in mind when creating the Eberron setting, although none of the races from the book (or even acknowledgement that they exist) is there.

I guess it's up to you - but regarding one of your points - I think Half-giants would fit more than any of the others. I mean, as long as there are giants, half-giants are reasonable - the others would be entirely foreign (assuming the assumption is that the XPH races are ignored by Eberron.)

Bront

The man with the probe
I guess a better description would be: Foreign in a game centered mostly in Sharn.

I don't know, I've generaly felt that they were reduntant or unneeded in the Eberron setting, and it seems I'm not the only one.

Ultimately, if there's a cry to allow them back in, I'm willing to listen :)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
From the Players Guide to Eberron, which dealt with the #1 Rule, pretty much all the XPH races were placed in Sarlona for various reasons. The exception were the elan, which are the human hosts of punished Quori spirits---they are bound like kalashar/inspired, but have no control/influence over the host. As far as the host is concerned, they are different and do not know/care why. Makes for a different take on the quori business.

As Bront said, most of them will not have directly influence on a Sharn-based campaign, except for the odd elan potentially.

Knight Otu

First Post
Bront said:
Craft Points: Probably (I think we fixed it to work better), though I think Artifacers should get double craft points, and it should be discussed a bit more.
Remember though, by virtue of their automatic item creation feats, Artificers will get more craft points automatically anyway.

Action points - the biggest problem I guess will be that players will have to remember that they have them.

RobotRobotI said:
Not really. As you already already said, it specifies the Core Rules, and I'm quite certain that I've read comments from Keith Baker or someone else that that's how it was meant. There are definitely ways to integrate them, but I don't consider them essential.

Bront said:
We haven't had any of them takin in LEW, and we're closing in on 300+ characters.
I'm sure we have a Maenad, and many other races have a level adjustment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads