Detail Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erekose13

Explorer
Here is an approximate amount of crunch by book:
Sharn - 5 feats; 6 mundane items (plus drugs); 3 PrCs; Urban Adept; 3 Spells; 16 Magic Items; 1 Artifact; 7 Monsters
Five Nations - 5 PrCs; 3 Spells; 10 Monsters
Explorer's Handbook - 3 PrCs; 1 Infusion; 12+ Magic Items; 1+ Spell; 1+ Monster (they are all scattered throughout the book and hard to count all in one go)
Magic of Eberron - 2 Races; 1 Class; 8 Rituals; 30 Feats; 8 PrCs; 45 Spells/Infusions; 10 Powers; 37 Magic/Psionic Items; 25 Grafts; 11 Mundane Items; 17 Monsters
Players Guide to Eberron - 52 Feats; 4 Spells; 7 Magic Items; 14 Mundane Items; 4 Rituals; 3 PrC; 2 Powers

It should be noted that the PGtE tells you how to incoporate virtually everything put out by WotC into Eberron from Psionic races to Incarnum. We obviously dont want everything (though personally I'd vote in all psionic races) so as it comes to it there'll have to be votes on stuff.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(though personally I'd vote in all psionic races)

I would vote in Elan because their explanation is cool (plus I came up with something similar myself for regular Elan!), with a caveat that they are supposed to be very very rare and they *must* use the PGtE description of creation. If we enforce rarity by counting them and suggesting new players not to make one if there are too many and keep their creation to the straight and narrow, we can avoid the LEW disaster where there seem to be at least four different ways of making Elan, all of which produce the exact same race. The other races seem forced, but Elan make sense--they have Charisma trouble because they are holding the trapped spirit at bay, and they can make themselves resilient by literally draining some of the essence from the trapped spirit, something the spirit would never allow if it had any say :)

Bront

The man with the probe
I can say OK to Elan with the description given.

Of note, Monsters are open season, since technicaly only the GM needs to know about them. So we don't need to aprove monster content.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
I can say OK to Elan with the description given.

Of note, Monsters are open season, since technicaly only the GM needs to know about them. So we don't need to aprove monster content.
I think using something like a Banelich or Beast of Xvim would be bad though, unless you drastically altered the flavour ;)

Bront

The man with the probe
I didn't say you should use any, I just said we don't need to approve them publicly. Eberron monsters from those books are free game even if we ban the book's crunch for players (Unless we specificly mention it).

Heck, I've run my party against Horrid Trolls, which isn't quite using the Horrid template right, but it was fun. Monsters should be different, unique, and a suprise to those who first encounter them.

Erekose13

Explorer
The other psionic races are explained as such:
Dromites: live in city-hives scattered beneath the surface of Sarlona, many of which can be reached only through psionic portals. Inspired hate them and attack on site, so dromites avoid them. They gather Khyber dragonshards and trade them with the Adar and the Lhazaar.
Half-Giants: Long ago, giants visited southern Sarlona. Made half-giants. Might be just degenerate giants. Live in deserts and tundra on Sarlona.
Maenads: People from one of the Lhazaar islands suffered a magical cataclysm. Most of its people drowned except those who were at sea. The survivors went to the Tashyvar Islands at the northwest end of Sarlona. Their physical nature was altered, transforming them into maenads.
Xephs: Live in Adar with the Kalashtar and the monks. Kalashtar taught them psionics.

mcnathan80

First Post
Well I'm definitely intruigued. I would agree that Elan's definitely have a good flavor, and should be allowed -in moderation. However, all other XPH races are so rare or not in flavor of a Sharn-based adventure that it would be more trouble than its worth to incorporate them.

Rystil Arden

First Post
OK, three things, one for each category still open:

For the name, I still like Living Eberron. It will probably draw the most attention, and since it is on ENWorld, it is obvious that it is ours. Plus, since the RPGA uses "Mark of Heroes" as their name for their Living Eberron game, we're okay on that front too.

Time advancement: I had a cool idea, and it is sort of similar to the second one. So we have a bunch of planes floating around Eberron, right? What if we created the illusion of a shared timeline by having a Universal World Announcement about when they are in conjunction or disjunction with Eberron. This could also lead to some special Worldwide Events (Maybe something involving undead for Dolurrh, etc). Anyway, whenever we announced a conjunction or disjunction, we would replenish the player's "craft days" as if the real time (or maybe a smaller amount if we make the rarer conjunctions more often) of time had passed.

Finally, for subraces--one final plea to make the Aerenal elves represented with the Gray Elf stats from the MM. It justs seems like a better fit to me.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Rystil Arden said:
Time advancement: I had a cool idea, and it is sort of similar to the second one. So we have a bunch of planes floating around Eberron, right? What if we created the illusion of a shared timeline by having a Universal World Announcement about when they are in conjunction or disjunction with Eberron. This could also lead to some special Worldwide Events (Maybe something involving undead for Dolurrh, etc). Anyway, whenever we announced a conjunction or disjunction, we would replenish the player's "craft days" as if the real time (or maybe a smaller amount if we make the rarer conjunctions more often) of time had passed.
The Eberron planar/calendar tool is a great fit for this.
Rystil Arden said:
Finally, for subraces--one final plea to make the Aerenal elves represented with the Gray Elf stats from the MM. It justs seems like a better fit to me.
I'm neutral on this: I can see it go either way, especially since there is still a contingent of Valenar elves in Aerenal. Then again, I'm not a judge. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads