Detail Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Please please please tell me what Eberron books we will be reviewing before July 4th so I can borrow them from my brother if need be (he owns all our Eberron books). Otherwise, I'll need someone to e-mail (or PM if my account is back up by then, cross your fingers!) details before I can discuss possible game imbalances.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Rystil Arden said:
Please please please tell me what Eberron books we will be reviewing before July 4th so I can borrow them from my brother if need be (he owns all our Eberron books). Otherwise, I'll need someone to e-mail (or PM if my account is back up by then, cross your fingers!) details before I can discuss possible game imbalances.
From here the cannon Eberron books are: Eberron Setting Handbook and Races of Eberron.

Other Eberron books: Five Nations (mostly good fluff, but some crunch for each nation), Shard: City of Towers (lots of Sharny fluff, small bit of Sharn specific crunch, though potion bracers are the bomb), Player's Guide to Eberron (lots of fluff with crunch throughout (expanded Aberrant and normal dragonmarks, some Warforged stuff, etc.), the Explorer's Handbook (some crunch on three prestige classes: Airship captain, a recognized explorer, and a mage of the apocalypse), and Magic of Eberron (lots of spells and artificer options, few magic and hunter prestige classes).

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
Oh, I know what the other ones are. I just need to know which ones we shall be discussing soon. Particularly, my brother has MoE and PGtE, above and beyond the first two. If we are planning on discussing either of those in detail soon, I had best yoink them as well.

Erekose13

Explorer
Personally I'd say that Sharn would be the next to become cannon as we are setting the campaign there. Then perhaps move through them as they had been released - purpose being that the older ones are easier to come by used for those that want to own things that have been approved.

Knight Otu

First Post
Erekose13 said:
Personally I'd say that Sharn would be the next to become cannon as we are setting the campaign there. Then perhaps move through them as they had been released - purpose being that the older ones are easier to come by used for those that want to own things that have been approved.
Erekose's thoughts would be my advise as well. But ultimately it's up to you and Bront. You are the guys currently in charge.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
For those playing the home game, the order of publishing was: ECS, Sharn: CoT, Races of Eberron, Five Nations, Explorer's Handbook, Magic of Eberron, and the Player's Guide to Eberron.

Bold are the pre-accepted.

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
stonegod said:
For those playing the home game, the order of publishing was: ECS, Sharn: CoT, Races of Eberron, Five Nations, Explorer's Handbook, Magic of Eberron, and the Player's Guide to Eberron.

Bold are the pre-accepted.
Not to mention Secrets of Xen'drik (which releases in 9 days), and Faiths of Eberron which is not out yet.

drothgery

First Post
And the known fothcoming books are
Secrets of Xen'drik (July 2006)
Faiths of Eberron (September 2006)
Dragonmakred (November 2006)
and Secrets of Sarlona (February 2007)

Bront

The man with the probe
Knight Otu said:
Erekose's thoughts would be my advise as well. But ultimately it's up to you and Bront. You are the guys currently in charge.
I only have ECS and RoE, though I can peek through the others if need be.

Sharn does seem like the next choice. Five Nations would be good to look through as well.

Also, I think a lot of the crunch will end up being PrCs, so that is worth looking noting since we'll have some time.

I know a little from Explorers, but not much, and have only heard a little bit about the others.

I personaly wouldn't mind putting a 6 month wait on using new books on the game, to give them time to circulate, and be erattaed/discussed/tested. Meaning Faiths wouldn't be elegable to be used until March 07 if it comes out in September for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads