Houston Game Club?

demanar

First Post
I did not read every post in this thread but I get the jist. I just wanted to say that I would love to meet new gamers. Hopefully gamers that are a little different from that I get at my local gaming shop. I love D and D and love creating adventures. I will check in and maybe read the rest of the posts when i get the chance. btw, I live in La Porte and soon to be Clear Lake. I will probably be far from every location is chosen.

demanar

First Post
Alright, Let's hear it for Clear Lake. Anyway, for those of you who will be making those calls- A new game shop opened up in Pasadena/Deer Park called Skirmish Games. It is not big but I think it might be big enough. The owner is pretty cool guy. I am also all for Horizon's. I love Nan's but space is a big issue there.

The Phoenix

First Post
I'd love to get together with other gamers. I live at Richmond and Gessner and I drive all over Houston all day long for my job, so I know the area (basically anything in or around Harris County) REALLY well. I don't mind driving, so anywhere's good for me. Email me at phoenix1107@yahoo.com.

sckeener

First Post
Clag

A long time ago there was a group called CLAG (Clear Lake Associate of Gamers) that rented the Unitarian Church in Clear Lake. They met every 3rd Friday of the month and charged $1 to come and play.

Maybe we could do something like that. Find a space that we can rent for a single evening for any sort of gamer (RPG, boardgames, card games, etc) charging $1 to enter.

I am not sure what happened to CLAG. I miss it.

Then when I was a university student at UH, we had ARGH UH or a club for the Associated of Role-Playing Gamers of Houston at UoH. As a student body (which only takes 3 members to start), we could reserve rooms at the university.

Anyone a student, or know a student that can set us up with a place on campus? UoH main campus is probably the most central to everyone.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
I'm hoping to hear back from Brent_Nail, to see who he's called, if anyone, and what the current situation is.

AntiStateQuixote

Enemy of the State
Enigmas Collectables (sic)
Looks great! Got no answer when I called this morning (too early?). I'm assuming they will be participating in Worldwide Gameday based on their website. I'd be willing to give this a try.
http://www.enigmagame-tx.com/

Tri-Games is having some kind of game day this Saturday.

Some pretty good info here:
Houston Gamers

I'll try some others later.

Personally I'd prefer something in on the north side of town, but I'm willing to travel pretty much anywhere.

Are we going to settle for something on Nov. 4?

Remove ads