Wildwood Red in Tooth and Claw II [IC]

Voadam

Legend
Something's Wrong!

As the woman speaks in the human tongue that Weylan knows but NR4ZN does not, Athan Zee shudders and collapses fully onto the floor. His body begins to twitch and shake and his eyes roll into his head.

Pyrex

First Post
Shayuri said:
"Is this real? What...who are you? Where is this?!"

"Yes. My name is Weylan. You have been brought to an underground cavern in the middle of the woods in an alternate reality by the whim of this realms raven-god. Are you alright? The ... transition ... is quite disorienting."

Shayuri

First Post
"Transition..." the girl echoes dazedly, still looking around.

"I was lost. There was just...nothing, all around. Like I was weightless in the middle of a great dark cloud, but no wind, no hot or cold...nothing at all."

Her eyes are striking, partly because they're open so wide, but also because they're colored a vibrant violet hue, shot through with darker indigo streaks.

"And then the birds...all around me, and their wings and cries made a noise like a voice." She seems to start snapping out of her daze. "They brought me here."

When her eyes alight on Weylan next, he's sure that she's finally seeing him...really seeing him. "Weylan is it? I believe I owe your god thanks. Why did he rescue me though? How did he find me there?"

Pyrex

First Post
Weylan shakes his head, "The one who brought us here is not my god, but I have been told he is lord of this realm. As to why he brought you here," Weylan shrugs, "I have no idea. Those I have spoken with, " Weylan gestures to the tiefling, the dwarf and the construct, "know no reason nor pattern to who is summoned. Only that none is known to have been returned to their realm of origin."

Shayuri

First Post
As Weylan speaks, the woman seems to notice her arm for the first time, and stares at it with a bleak expression on her face. She touches one of the odd blue marks with a fingertip...and the 'tattoo' shimmers with dim light and edges away from the finger.

With a startled gasp she yanks her hand away and looks at Weylan again.

"So this is my new home then." The news doesn't seem to bother her much.

"I'm Inamar, of...well, formerly of...Redrock Port. I..." she looks down at herself and only just then realizes that she's a bit underdressed. Her pale cheeks stain reddish, and she clears her throat. "I'm just going to step over here for a second, if that's all right..." she notes, edging around behind a rocky outcropping. "Just be a second. Uh...you might want to look at your friend there on the ground. Doesn't look so good. I'll be right back."

Pyrex

First Post
With a shrug and a hint of a grin, Weylan turns to help NR4ZN with the crumpled lizard-creature, making sure not to cramp his space.

Voidrazor

First Post
Disregarding Weylan with uncharacteristic rudeness, NR4ZN silently studies the control panel of the now empty tube structure. After a few moments it touches one of the glowing lights experimentally, then another.

Can NR4ZN determine how to reactivate the suspended animation chamber?

Voadam

Legend
Welcome to Wildwood Inamar

The stark contrast of experiences for Inamar is a bit overwhelming. She had been sent into a misty expanse of nothingness, where everything had been muted from sounds to the colors. Alone without even anything to touch as she floated in misty nothingness it had been as if she was a ghost dead and floating through the ether. Then she had seen a gray raven in the distance then more flew out of the mist. As they drew nearer she could hear their muted cries and they grew more distict as they flew directly towards her. They circled and swarmed her and she flipped over and over as the flapping wings gained dark black color that stood out against the grey mists. The cawwing grew cacophonous and she could see every detail of the dozens of birds, note every feather and the changing patterns of the birds outlines as they flapped. But it was too fast to fully comprehend, too much information and the blood pounding in her veins was another distraction.

Then they dispersed and the world came alive. She was standing in an underground chamber illuminated by a man with a spike of glowing force that erupted out of his hand. A giant construct loomed protectively over a fallen magenta scaled lizardfolk. The ravens dispersed and Inamar's senses were assaulted with details. She could taste the air, see rich details of shadow as the light reached smashed down debris where the cavern had partially collapsed long ago.

As she talks and notices the runes under her skin she feels them as never before and feels the power within them. As she notes her state of partial undress she feels the fabric of her clothing on every inch of skin it contacts. As her cheeks flush with slight embarrassment the emotion floods in strongly adding to the experience. Everything feels intense.

Voadam

Legend
NR4ZN looks over where the controls should be and clears it out revealing a panel with multiple cyrstals. As he experimentally pushes one of the crystalline displays ancient files are activated within the Warzoder [SBLOCK]File Entry 10239394: XRT34 Crystalline Psytech Stasis Chamber. Normal operation requires sentient being to stand on platform hexagon and .... x/o operating error 73. ... rerouting ... external programmable awakening system or manual opening from external control panel. External control panel may raise or lower chamber, rotate chamber to be horizontal once raised, and open or close chamber but psionic activation required to activate stasis field remotely. Designed for the needs of the psionic crew many of the tech devices aboard the ship contain psionic components and require either conscious sentient activation, some form of psionics, or an actual telepath to activate them.[/SBLOCK] and the hexagonal crystalline pillar starts to rise again from the floor.

Voadam

Legend
The dwarf Firblain and the horned tiefling man Viktor come down the goblin tunnel to join the party, one barking to NR4ZN the other speaking common for Weylan. Both ask what has been found.

Remove ads