Wildwood Red in Tooth and Claw II [IC]

Kularian

First Post
Victor followed the dwarf's gaze, looking up into the night sky. He wasn't certain what Firblain was looking for, however, but his eyes immediately picked out the star when the druid mentioned it. The Tiefling had noticed it once or twice, but thought nothing of it. Victor kept silent as Zallon talked, but turned his eyes to the large golem. So, this creature was connected to the new star? That was an interesting proposition.

Voidrazor said:
The robot nods solemnly, "Yes my lord. I look forward to being of assistance."

Victor nodded at the golem. "If you're connected to that star like Zallon's saying, you might have more of a role than I surmised." Turning back to the dwarf and the druid, he nodded at Zallon. "We'll be sure to be on the lookout for anything unusual, Zallon. You can count on us."

Voadam

Legend
Zallon nods "May you find success in your searches. Ah, here we are."

Upon entering the meadhall your attention is drawn to a honey colored dover on a raised wooden platform, he is in the middle of reciting an epic about the Wyrm Matsu Dargus and her clash with elven archmages. Episodes of the tale are punctuated by some of the most beautiful music you have heard as he plays upon a striking golden flute in between stanzas.

The other dover in the hall seem enthralled by the performance, and listen with rapt attention.

Zallon however seems to be evaluating the bard and the audience instead of focusing on the tale. A tiny brown bat flitters into the hall and swoops around once to land upon the druid's outstretched finger and hang upside down. Zallon says "If you will excuse me." and goes off to a corner to inspect and apparently listen to the bat.

Taggart, the proprietor of the Belly, can be seen behind a wooden bar.

The tale ends with the elves mourning their slain and the dragon withdrawing to recover from terrible death curses, both knowing it is only a matter of time before the conflict must resume after they have recovered.

As the performance ends there is a respectful silence and then conversation picks up, as dover begin commenting on the performance of the new bard.

Taggart calls out "Contel" and the bard comes over to be introduced to Zallon and they begin a private conversation, though you notice the bat is now gone.

It is early evening and that part of the year where the two suns travel close together, leaving more hours of darkness than normal.

dog45

First Post
Firblain stands just inside the tavern, focused on the bards tale. When he finishes he sits at a table near the entrance, glancing at the chairs and then up to NR4ZN with a smirk on his face. "You don't have anything to worry about. I was just shaking my head in wonder, I suppose. Never have seen anything like you before."

Turning to Victor he says "I've half a mind to set out now - nighttime doesn't bother me so much, and I'm itchin to find those goblins." The dwarfs face twitches slightly at the mention of the cursed smallfolk, though he does not seem to notice it.

Voadam

Legend
Meanwhile

On a world in a dimension far, far away a young man reborn an elan turns 22. Journeying alone on an expedition of self development he finds himself walking across a field at the edge of some woods. The cawing of crows catches his ears. Glancing up he sees a small flock starting to gather. A few have landed on trees braying out their calls while others wheel about in the sky. Something has attracted their attention and others seem to be gathering.

Pyrex

First Post
Curious as to what could have drawn the attention of so many crows, Weylan moves towards the edge of the woods to investigate.

Kularian

First Post
dog45 said:
"I've half a mind to set out now - nighttime doesn't bother me so much, and I'm itchin to find those goblins."

Victor nods in response, then turns his head to look at the dwarf. "I possess night-sight as well, and I would have no problems leaving as soon as we're all ready." He smirked afterward, unable to suppress it any more. "And besides, if we don't go out there and do some hunting, you might develop a nervous twitch."

Turning to Ennar, Victor asked, "Well, what say you, Ennar? Are you willing and/or able to leave tonight, or cannot your...um...senses...handle the darkness of night? What are they called, anyway?"

Voadam

Legend
Looking over the giant construct Victor thinks Ennar's footprints will likely have lasted, Each step of his creates deep impressions as his massive weight presses down with each foot fall.

Voadam

Legend
Pyrex said:
Curious as to what could have drawn the attention of so many crows, Weylan moves towards the edge of the woods to investigate.

As Weylan moves closer he gets the distinct feeling of being watched. The hairs raise on the back of his neck and he feels a presence he cannot precisely identify.

Voidrazor

First Post
Kularian said:
Victor nods in response, then turns his head to look at the dwarf. "I possess night-sight as well, and I would have no problems leaving as soon as we're all ready." He smirked afterward, unable to suppress it any more. "And besides, if we don't go out there and do some hunting, you might develop a nervous twitch."

Turning to Ennar, Victor asked, "Well, what say you, Ennar? Are you willing and/or able to leave tonight, or cannot your...um...senses...handle the darkness of night? What are they called, anyway?"

"Unfortunately I must report that all of my night operations optics are currently nonfunctional. But ...tics are currently nonfunctional. But I will be happy to begin our mission now. No time like the present!"

Module Dover Language produced a fatal exception error, retry? Initializing ...

Remove ads