[KAUAI]The Rod of Seven Parts: Of Hexes and Gems

Rino

First Post
SlagMortar said:
Brakkus moves to Dter, "You mentioned you could see to this wound? It burns like a son-of-a-gun. I've got some rope on my horse out back."

I could do that yeah. but am I willing to do that for you. that is the question...

Dter murmers some words and makes a small had movement.

OOC: CLW on brakkus

Voadam

Legend
Voadam completes his inspection of the blue spider wolf demon and notes differences between it and the two that arrived earlier. Theories begin to form as he thinks of their comments. As the others rush out the back he goes over to the disarmed thugs who are knocked out and proceeds to disarm and search them. He looks around quickly for anything suitable to bind them.

SlagMortar

First Post
Brakkus gives Dter a queer look given that he just offered to heal the wound earlier. "Thanks for being willing," he says afterward.

Brakkus blanches at the sight of the dead groom muttering "Whoever did this has a debt to pay." He attempts to calm the horse. In a pleasent, soothing tone he says, "Easy you worthless beast. Easy Chop Liver."

OOC: Handle Animal +4

BRP2

First Post
Strahd_Von_Zarovich said:
I thank thy again humans.
Says Gamad to Brakkus and Lewit as they follow him and the two demihumans to the back yard. His face is still shadowed by the hood by a glimpse of a battered like dwarven face can be seen, or maybe it's just his original face.
I wonder what to the wand and the incident that took place a moment ago, there is something in the wand that might be magical, as I can't explain why those spidery demons were after this item.
He caught, spits a large chunk of mucous and blood and continues.
Catching the human who sat with you (he refers to Rancid)
He says to Lewit
Is a good way to understand it but I can try to determine the nature of the stick with magic. Help and guarding will be most welcome.

H.L. listens calmly to Gamad, paying no attention to his nasty habit of spitting or his ugliness. He waits until Gamad finishes speaking then gives a long pause then replies. My, my, looks like that wand is in good hands. I'm interested in how this turns out, so, I shall help and guard. He bits down on his tongue for a few seconds, then continues. Racid will be a good starting point. He was going to try to heal me with that wand, so he might have some clue on it's use. More importantly, what should I call you? He pokes Gamad's shoulder gently.

Ambrus

Explorer
Maelicent walks around the trampled garden, stopping to kneel in various spots to pick up bits of crushed greenery and to search for any imprints that may point to what occurred in the area and where any people might have gone after leaving. To the lizard-kin the Gudwulf warrior simply shrugs. "Bully for the Behemoth. Ye gonna give me axe back?"

Track feat, Survival +6

When the Dter trundles after Brakkus into the garden, the dwarven priest catches Pilgrim's attention. The dwarf radiates faintly of evil, much in the manner of the goblin. And, perhaps surprisingly, the albino dwarf Gamad radiates not at all of even the faintest tinge of evil. From the garden where he stands, Pilgrim scans the vicinity. Two more evil auras, one faint, and one moderate, flit and move in and out of his vision from nearby shops and homes. The moderate aura seems to come from the tinsmith's, while the faint aura radiates from an apartment situated above a shop facing the byway. In a city, Pilgrim knows, not everyone is good. As Pilgrim watches and concentrates, Dter begins to work on Brakkus. Casting a healing spell, Dter channels 5 points of healing. Brakkus finds that his muscles tingle and his skin knits clean after Dter's ministrations.

Voadam crouches down by Cheal and the two thugs and begins disarming and searching the trio. As is often the manner of small-time city bosses, Cheal wears no armor at all. His two men, however, are better armored and wear a leather jerkin each. The jerkins look fairly serviceable, but one of them has a nasty scratch dead center on the front breastpiece where the blue-and-purple spider kicked at the thug who wore it. Each of the two thugs has a sap and a shortsword. Voadam finds six coppers on the larger of the two, the one who the spider kicked. The other has nothing, save a necklace with a bit of yellowed ivory carved into the shape of an abstract fishhook that is tied to a length of mildewed leather cord. Cheal, despite his lack of armor, provides a more interesting search. Voadam divests the boss of his short sword, a dagger hidden in a boot, a quiver containing 10 darts secreted in an inner pocket in the man's outer trouser leg, a set of ivory bones for dicing in another pocket, and two different vials of liquid. One vial smells of cinnamon and is opaque russet in color. The other vial smells not at all and though at first Voadam thinks the liquid inside is clear, when he picks it up the substance shifts and Voadam sees that while at times it is clear, when the sun refracts off the vial, the liquid inside is alternately silver or matte grey.

Despite blanching at the sight of the dead groom, Brakkus stiffles the unsavory sight and affects a soothing tone to his voice and a soft quality to his mannerisms. Chop Liver quiets at Brakkus's voice and allows the man to quell his fears. The horse is putty in Brakkus's hands.

Maelicent has a good look at the ground. To the goblin's keen eyes, the evidence is unmistakable. Two spiders appeared first in the garden, then entered the Cockatrice via the kitchen door. One of the pair dallied, however, and made short work of the stable boy before following the other spider into the festhall kitchen. There were no more than two spiders and they did not walk here on their own. Their tracks originate from the garden and nowhere else. Neither did they simply jump from the rooftops--the imprint in the soil isn't deep enough for that. Maelicent roots a bit and after a while finds the imprints of a third creature. A humanoid, judging by the depth of the print in the dirt to the side of the stable. The humanoid stood 20 feet from the garden and left the same way he came, out the alley on the southern side of the festhall. After that, Maelicent finds that the scene quickly is becoming increasingly muddled with the foot imprints of the gaggle of giant-kin and the lizard-kin who currently walk around the back of the Cockatrice. Several sets of footprints, many of them older than 24 hours, some of them apparently from this morning, cross from the kitchen to either the outhouse or the horse stalls.

Gamad

BRP2 said:
H.L. listens calmly to Gamad, paying no attention to his nasty habit of spitting or his ugliness. He waits until Gamad finishes speaking then gives a long pause then replies. My, my, looks like that wand is in good hands. I'm interested in how this turns out, so, I shall help and guard. He bits down on his tongue for a few seconds, then continues. Racid will be a good starting point. He was going to try to heal me with that wand, so he might have some clue on it's use. More importantly, what should I call you? He pokes Gamad's shoulder gently.

You can call me Gamad.
Say the hooded Dwarf to Lewit and to whoever hears him.
Banished from my homeland and kin I arrived to Teggest.
Standing at the door from the backyard to the kitchen, Gamad turns his attention from Lewit to the others.
What did you find? I have a feeling they conjured themselves from the abyss to our world, we better leave before the unseen gate will open again.

Ambrus

Explorer
What's a wand?... Maelicent, kneeling in the bare earth next to the stables, picks up a handful of dirt, brings it to his face and either sniffs it or tastes it or both before throwing it to the side. The Abyss? In answer to the dwarf giant-kin, the goblin warrior stands and sweeps his bow in an arc to indicate various spots in the garden. "I don't know about no Abyss; but your giant spider-things look like they started in the garden right out o' nowhere. One stopped to chew up the runt over there, but they both went inside through the door there. Aside from the lot o' you, there was another giant-kin who walked up the south path to here, then turned around and took off the same way." Maelicent points at the south alleyway.

Last edited:

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Pilgrim: Kobold Paladin of Bahamut

The Kobold walks over to the Goblin and hands him his Handaxe. "I thank you for the loan. You are a very good fighter. I admire that."
He turns to the rest. "Maelicent is right. The creatures were conjured here. At this late date I can only sense the evil that had been here not anything further (Looks at Dter) That's not connected with this incident. I can tell you one thing about the wand you carry Gamed. It's not evil. Now if you will excuse me I need to pray over the Lads body."
Pilgrim takes out the holy symbol of Bahamut and blesses the boy's body asking that his soul be safe from forther harm.

Ambrus

Explorer
The Gudwulf warrior doesn't quite know what to make of the capricious kobold or his repeated claims to be able to sense 'evil', but Maelicent takes the proffered axe and causes it to disappear back beneath the folds of his russet overcoat. Still dripping ichor from the slain wolf-spider that fell on him, the goblin turns to Gammad and jerks a thumb over his shoulder to indicate the praying Pilgrim. "How'd the queer lizard-kin know me name and what's all this about a wand?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases