Eschaton OOC

Voidrazor

First Post
Avalon® said:
Voidrazor, how do we calculate the HP? Are we supposed to take the average or roll it on an online dice roller?

Doh! I forgot to add that. Max HPs at 1st, 50% after that. Round up on even level and down on odd ones.

Voidrazor

First Post
Character Submission Deadline 1/22

I'd like to give everyone a gentle nudge on getting characters in. We're down to a little over 4 days until the already pushed back deadline and I don't have a complete submission from anyone yet.

I know that making a character at this level is a lot of work, plus there is the additional complication of followers and imagining a whole world. As encouragement I'd like to state at this time that ANYONE THAT ENTERS A COMPLETE SUBMISSION IS GUARANTEED A SLOT. A complete submission includes background, crunch, agenda, and a list of followers. If your character has their own world, I need some information about it, but I'm happy to fill in details. If your character doesn't have their own world, I need to know a bit about their lifestyle (living on a core world, touring on a pleasure starship etc.).

Last edited:

Nephtys

First Post
Voidrazor said:
The custom items are fine.

Sorry I haven't put more together on the Borogashi already. Feel free to make it up yourself.

If you have time feel free to do write ups of her class features. It would be helpful but by no means required. Just page numbers would be fine.

Yes same number of slots, same affinities too. Borogashi may sport dorsal and caudal (tail fin) rings rather than a cloak and boots. A dorsal ring can accept the enchantments any item in the shoulder slot could.

490k would still be the absolute maximum you could borrow at game start. Going above the standard wealth allotment involves karmic debt rather than financial. So even if you made enough money to pay back the balance very quickly, poor luck and hidden enemies would continue to plague you at least until the end of the first storyline. Considering the usual pace of PbP play and that there isn't a set end for the story, that could be a while. Going over the allotment by 10% would result in only minor complications, more than and it 15% starts to get nasty. At 30% over the betrayals and bad breaks would be constant, and by 50% your character's whole focus would be about staying that one step ahead of a fate worse than death.

I will, don't worry :).

-
I think I can handle some minor complications. (And I hope that wont go into the list of the Famous last Words...) I could definately use an extra 10%.
-

You wrote earlier that I needed to invest my wealth in increments of 100'000 to increase my profits, do you include the cost of my very expensive item in that calculation (since that item will be put to commercial use)? Or would it be better not to buy the item and instead invest the money directly into the business?
On that subject, The Mercantile background feat allows my character to buy an item at 75% of its market value once a month. Can I use that feat to get a discount on my very expensive item at character creation?
-

For my spirit followers, would it be ok if I used AIs (Robots, sapient computer programs and such)? DnD outsiders are too combat oriented and do not fit the flavour of my character. I'd prefer something more versatile, but there would be some difficulty (and a lot of work) creating their stats and assigning appropriate CRs... So maybe I'll just go with air-elementals, or something, perhaps rework them a little to make them better employees.
-

Meanwhile, I'm doing some work on my characters background and the history of the world she would eventually take over. So far it's mostly pre-Eschaton, but let me know if I've captured the spirit of the setting correctly or misunderstood some basic premise. :)

Last edited:

Voidrazor

First Post
[sblock=Nephtys]The Gate Key would certainly cover most of the costs of the business. You'd still need to pay another 2-32k for off world setup expenses. Also, I'm going to limit the size of postal created by the key to 10'X10'. They won't be compatible with the larger standard Eschaton portals, which (on established and core worlds) tend to be set up with intra-world teleport relays and extremely tight scheduling to maximize efficiency. So the Gate Key won't be 60 times as good as a standard portal, but will still create the potential for excellent profits. And yes, you can use Mercantile Background for a discount on any one item pre-game.[/sblock]

Robots would be OK (and possibly bodiless AIs). There are a few in the robot section of the modern SRD. If you have any other d20 book with sample robots I could probably get ahold of it. Or you can use constructs. I'm a little leary of customized followers, but will consider them.

The world history is above and beyond! Although I was planning on having all the PC worlds be in one big solar system. Otajan 5 could have been moved subsequently to your written history by ... erm ... mysterious forces. Its not the sort of thing that happens every day. But there are certainly potent entities that might be interested in the culture cross pollenation that would result.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Completed followers and a couple of paragraphs describing the current situation on the planet, as well as the character's current main goals for it.

If there's anything else it needs in order to be complete, do let me know. Also, if there's problems with anything posted so far, tell me and I'll fix them.

Thanks.

Voidrazor

First Post
Shayuri - I'm gonna have to say no to the human followers as well as the elf and gnome. Followers with class levels, even NPC classes, are a complication that I specifically don't want to deal with. Also, followers of those races would have an inarguable claim on Autarch resouces, which while less than those of a Citizen are nonetheless considerable. Full blooded fey, at least Kaydian ones, are a special type of spirit or otherwise don't have a soul as Eschaton society recognizes the term.

Shayuri

First Post
Meep...and as I page back, I see you already outlawed PC classes. My apologies. A risk of doing this into the night. :)

I shall correct it.

Thanks for the response!

Remove ads